The Territory Manager is part of our Building Efficiency business at Johnson Controls, a fortune 67 company. Due to our growth we are adding this position to our team in Florida. This position will support our UPG (Unitary Products Group) where we sell our residential and light commercial HVAC equipment through dealer channels. Will have existing dealers as well as networking to develop new dealers. The territory will be Melbourne, FL and Palm Bay, FL. Day travel required. Ideal candidate would have HVAC background, working with dealers is a plus, and self motivated and driver for success. Looking to hire right away. RESPONSIBILITY LEVEL:
This position, under general direction, is responsible for delivering profitable sales volume through assigned customers to meet the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) objectives. Develops and implements activities and strategies to continually increase top line revenue, maximize margins and increase market share for Unitary Products. PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
Job Qualifications: REQUIREMENTS:
- Obtains orders so as to meet sales objectives.
- Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns; understands customer's business and speaks their language; develops credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment; and manages ongoing sales process and responds to and anticipates customer needs.
- Demonstrates dedication and commitment to provide customers and co-workers with products and services that fully conform to established requirements.
- Acquires, maintains, and develops sufficient qualified dealers or accounts in the assigned territory.
- Assists dealers in implementing local marketing programs.
- Calls on architects, consulting engineers, builders, general contractors, and national accounts to assure favorable specifications for York product.
- Provides business management assistance to dealers.
- **E-Commerce-connected sales position: Territory Manager will educate and demonstrate to customers how to access and use an online sales portal**
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combined education and experience; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years industry sales experience, preferably within the HVAC industry or similar industry
- working with dealer networks a plus
- Proficiency in Windows operating environment, including e-mail and Microsoft Office software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
- Effective and professional communication and organization skills.
- Solid public speaking skills.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.