Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI) is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Tyco Fire Protection Products (TFPP) is a business unit of Johnson Controls. Our solutions are designed into homes, restaurants, offices and schools. We protect the museums you visit and the hotels you sleep in. Our solutions are behind the scenes in the airplane hangars that service planes you fly on and on the ships and refineries that transport oil to you. We know that our offerings are essential to protecting our customers. That idea is core to everything we do. For more information, visit www.tycofsbp.com Job Summary:
The Standard Products Territory Manager will actively sell to, manage, and train accounts within an assigned territory. This would include setting up distribution, closing projects with end users, gaining specification listings with appropriate product lines, conducting hazard analyses and working jobsites to make sure the product is installed correctly and to sell the field personnel. The Territory Manager would have responsibility for achieving financial goals for the territory. Territory Covered: Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mississippi, Northern Louisiana, Northern Texas. The incumbent will home office remotely, from any location within the territory with access to a major airport. Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
In alignment with Sales targets, regional growth opportunities, leading edge sales team practices and behaviors this position:
Job Qualifications: Education and Experience:
- Analyzes territory's new business opportunities, develops sales plans and executes planned action steps in order to acquire new business in line with Company strategies and growth objectives.
- Presents products to customers to accomplish Customer acceptance of the value-added proposition attached to the Company's products and its services, and to achieve sale closures on terms that are mutually satisfactory to the Customer and the Company.
- Develops annual, quarterly, monthly, and weekly plans detailing concepts and actions necessary to achieve business growth opportunities consistent with the company's growth objectives.
- Participates with other regional sales colleagues and Product Management in sharing marketing intelligence about product opportunity that will grow sales.
- Coordinates new and repeat sales through distribution to ensure 100% customer satisfaction with the Company's order fulfillment process.
- Builds and maintains good relationships with customers at all levels to ensure 100% account retentions.
- Conducts seminars for Restaurant Systems Specifiers, AHJ's and End users as well as product certification training classes for Distributors.
- 80% travel time is expected to properly perform expected duties and maximize sales potential .
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent in Business, Marketing, or Mechanical Engineering or related field experience required
- 4 + years of sales or sales management experience within a related field; Fire Suppression Industry preferred
- The individual must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to speak well in public is required
- Strong leadership characteristics
- Strong mechanical aptitude is required
- Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Individual must be capable of understanding and maintaining confidential information at the Regional Sales Manager level and customer level
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.