Description Dow AgroSciences, LLC (DAS)
has an exciting opportunity for a Territory Manager in the Turf and Ornamental Business (T&O).
This is a virtual office position located in the Los Angeles basin
.The Turf and Ornamental Territory Manager
will be responsible for overall management and achievement of sales plan in the California sales territory. This role will be focused on the Turf and Ornamental packaged and formulated products. You will be a member of a highly effective sales team which utilizes innovative marketing tools and strategies to help Turf and Ornamental customers sell, service and use the DAS T&O portfolio. PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Under the supervision of a District Sales Leader and working in a team environment, incumbent is responsible for selling and servicing Dow AgroSciences products to dealers, growers and distributors in the Turf and Ornamental business in California.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Create demand for Dow AgroSciences Turf and Ornamental products with a focus on Distributor relationships.
- Provide technical assistance to Distributor Sales Reps, dealers, Lawn Care Operators, Golf Course Superintendents, Nursery Growers, custom applicators, or appropriate channel partner in the proper use and stewardship of DAS products.
- Provide one-on-one assistance to Distributor Sales Reps and key end users in the evaluation of agronomic needs, weed, pest and disease identification, soil conditions, product selection, application method and application timing for DAS products.
- Develop annual plans for primary responsibility accounts in conjunction with product/sales management.
- Provide timely communication with key accounts to insure complete understanding of pricing, terms, programs, program deadlines, regulatory changes, etc.
- Provide timely and accurate reconciliation of marketing/stewardship programs.
- Develop an annual sales plan and sales forecast. Monitor product sales and update forecast as necessary.
- Evaluate and quantify new market opportunities. Work with field product technologist to develop plans and secure resources necessary to pursue opportunities.
- Develop relationships and work within trade organizations to promote the sale and use of DAS products.
- Develop and monitor territory budgets - including promotional, travel & entertainment and general territory expense budgets.
- Develop Performance Management Plan consistent with Company, Department, District Team and individual needs.
- Serve as a liaison between our customers and our cross-functional internal teams to ensure timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and experiences.
- Maintain company equipment, vehicles and records in a proper and safe manner.
- Work safely and abide by Companies Core Values and the company safe driving standards.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business/Management, Agronomy, Agriculture, or other science related fields.
- California Agricultural Pest Control Advisor (PCA) license is preferred. If PCA license is not obtained, candidate must meet requirements to be eligible to sit for the PCA test.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
JOB INFORMATION AND WORKING CONDITIIONS:
- Have previous experience demonstrating that you are a self-starter who is highly productive and has the ability to work with diverse and cross-functional teams as well as work independently.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Implement excellent time management skills.
- Be a creative thinker, innovator.
- Show strong initiative, assertiveness and results orientation will be necessary.
- Demonstrate technical aptitude, business and entrepreneurial skills.
- Demonstrate leadership and teamwork.
- Employ a customer-focused work ethic.
- Be comfortable with risk; must accept individual responsibility and accountability.
- Ability to work from a virtual location and master the use of technology and the communication tools to do so.
- Have proficient computer skills with the ability to use Microsoft Word, manage Microsoft Excel pivot table databases and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Excellent, presentation development & presentation skills are required. Incumbent must be able to communicate the features, functions and benefits of DAS products one-on-one and in large customer meeting settings in addition to having the ability to demonstrate through hands-on, in-field training.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with the many social styles of Sales Reps, customers and Industry Influencers who have differing needs. Have the ability to effectively work with multiple levels of an organization from the Owner, CEO, CFO, Regional Management, Sales Staff, Technicians and Administrative personnel.
- Direct report to the T&O Western District Sales Leader.
- This is a virtual office role. Incumbent will be expected to live in in the Los Angeles basin.
- 60-70% travel time will be required with some weekend work expected.
- This role participates in the Sales Performance Award (SPA) program.
- DAS will provide a company vehicle.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies in late 2018 or early 2019. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
A little about us:
Join the Dow team in creating innovative solutions for human progress. A career with us is an invitation to explore, create and make valuable contributions to human progress. We’re a global team of problem-solvers, impacting everything from safe bridges, to fresh food.