Company Description Who is Associated Materials?
Associated Materials Incorporated, parent of several North American manufacturing and distribution operations, continues to revolutionize the exterior building products industry. With a multi-brand strategy, our products and services penetrate both the remodeling and new construction markets in the continental United States and Canada, serving the needs of contractors, builders, remodelers and architects through our company-owned wholesale stores and select independent distributor partners. Vertical integration, combined with diverse products and customers, have fueled our growth and success for decades. And with today's homeowners investing in their homes more than ever, our future will continue to prosper for years to come. What does Associated Materials do?
In a phrase - we make and sell Excellence. That's our vision - from the plant floor to the sales contract. And since AMI is vertically integrated, we possess the distinct advantage of knowing first-hand what products and services customers need. Our business model targets professional contractors, remodelers, builders and architects, providing them the products and support needed to foster their success while educating and selling homeowners throughout the United States and Canada.
Our Manufacturing Groups, with engineering and manufacturing facilities in both countries, continue to lead the industry with innovative products that set our brands apart.
Company-owned distribution, through our Supply Center Organization, links us directly to professional contractors, builders and other wholesale buyers and specifiers throughout North America - a highly unique competitive advantage. Bringing it all together is a dedicated Corporate Group providing comprehensive leadership and support - from human resources and engineering, to accounting and marketing - and everything in-between. Excellence in People. Excellence in Products. Excellence in Support.Job Description
Reporting to the Area Sales Manager, the Territory Sales Manager will be responsible for maintaining and driving new business within the Salt Lake City market.
- Leads all sales and account/planning, forecasting, reporting, management efforts for assigned accounts within territory
- Understands, assesses and anticipates customers' objectives, strategies, and requirements to identify and pursue sales opportunities
- Acquires new customers to maximize supply center revenue
- Responsible for escalated customer service issue follow-up, but not the primary contact point for issue resolution
- Works closely with supply center and corporate resource to have them enter & fulfill orders
- Strong knowledge of the AMI sales process and policies (e.g., accruals, credit, expenses, rewards)
- Acts as a mentor for Sales Representatives
- Brings core product specification knowledge, application, and value to the customer
- Understands necessary building codes and how they impact AMI products
- Reads blueprints and understands take-off capabilities for core products
- Sells remodeling, new construction, project work, and ISS
- Must be able to accurately and professionally demo all core products to small and large groups
- Understands the basics of negotiating correct market value pricing for the assigned territory, and seeks advice from the Area Sales Leader or Sr. Sales Manager
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Successful sales history with 2+ years outside sales experience preferrably in the building products industry.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Self-directed, highly organized, customer-focused, detail oriented, and competitive
- Working knowledge of core building material products (specifically windows & siding) for both single and multi-family applications
- Proven experience in new business selling, upselling, and selling
- Preferred experience working with builders and architects to create bigger ticket sales
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com
A little about us:
AMI is a leading manufacturer and wholesale distributor of professionally installed, exterior building products for remodeling and new construction.