Territory Sales Rep "District Sales Manager" Dekalb & Asgrow Southwest Minnesota
Monsanto is currently seeking a highly motivate sales professional to join the US Commercial Organization as a District Sales Manager
for DEKALB & Asgrow located in Southwest Minnesota.
This position covers the following county: Nobels
You'll be successful as a District Sales Manager by working closely with sales management and retail partners to achieve business goals and long-term growth within your district.
Improving agriculture and improving lives, when we look at the challenges of feeding, fueling and clothing a growing planet, we don't see one answer. We see hundreds of possibilities.
Working here, you'll find a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to do extraordinary things.
We have always embraced innovation and a focus on helping to make a better world. You can see it in our groundbreaking products and in our dynamic environment where your skills and your career can grow and develop. We know that every day, new ideas can come from anyone, anywhere. You'll be respected here, contribute to the bottom line and help farmers feed the world.
As a leading agricultural technology company, we'll give you the opportunity to contribute to corn and soybean sales growth. With new opportunities emerging each day in this exciting industry, you'll also build new relationships in your territory and strategically develop your market. This will also give you the opportunity to manage district requirements, including product stewardship, and complete and execute a district market plan aligned with our company objectives. In addition, use account management skills in retail development, business planning, program management, market funding, and following up on sales results to enable your success.Specific Role Responsibilities:
- Provide agronomic support and advice to growers and prospects
- Manage direct selling activities to assigned accounts, which includes developing and maintaining the relationship, and servicing the account either personally or through an assigned point of sale
- Maintain a thorough agronomic and technical knowledge of brand products and services
- Understand the core business of retail partners, including a three-year strategy to drive business success
- Leverage product knowledge and questioning ability to help dealers analyze and understand what training/education is needed to enhance sales of DEKALB & Asgrow
- Leverage business acumen to prioritize their alignment of tactics, allocate resourcing (marketing programs, funding, etc.) to structure resourcing to help retailer accomplish their goals and optimize the return on investment
- Ability to leverage various communication styles to adjust communication style from communicating at a grower level all the way to senior leaders in an organization
- Influence and collaborate with retail dealerships leveraging the ability to position and sell the Dekalb, Asgrow and Delta Pine brands in conjunction with a retail house brand.
- Speak to company practices as it relates to current/future products, pricing and other corporate initiatives with dealers, growers and members of the community
- Effectively interact with organizations or individuals, while balancing and leveraging the dynamics of each relationship
- Manage multiple strategic partners who directly compete in the market
- Connect internally with company peers on programs, situations and issues to gain alignment and support to reach resolution
- Train and inform dealers and retail partners
- Effectively collaborate with a team of other District Sales Managers, Technical Agronomists and Technology Development Representatives to maximize services, information, and sales to preferred growers who want extensive technical/agronomic expertise
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience), in Agriculture, Agronomy, Business, Communications or related field of study. Will consider other education with related sales experience
- Minimum of 3 years of professional sales/account management experience or 1+ years of experience working in the agriculture industry
- Experience effectively demonstrating self motivation, initiative, assertiveness, and results orientation
- Willingness to travel and live/work in a rural environment
- Ability to lift a minimum of 60 pounds (a bag of seed)
- Ability to pass driving record background check (i.e. moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.)
- Federal regulations from the Department of Transportation cover this position and mandate the passing of certain pre-employment requirements, such as a background check, drug test and physical
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.