As an Infrastructure and Test Automation Architect
, you will join the Oracle Management Cloud team and help in releasing very high quality services to our customers.
We are building large big-data systems for monitoring and analytics services for IT Systems on cloud ( OMC ). We have a position for a Test Automation Architect to drive test infrastructure and test automation frameworks for continuous delivery, for the best public company. Come join Oracle as part of the Oracle Management Cloud Ecosystem - Quality Engineering org as the Automation architect, a key leadership position in the team. The candidate would be responsible for providing the overall technical leadership & strategic direction for automated testing in the organization with a strong technical and product vision and the ability to communicate this vision to multiple audiences.
You will be working as an innovator and thought leader in the test automation space. You will work with test development and product development teams to ensure end-to-end solutions are easily testable through automated tests, ensure comprehensive test coverage and full integration with promotion pipeline for continuous delivery.
Bring your technical skills, automation expertise, creativity, passion, and innovative experience and be ready to proactively function on a highly visible team in a fast-paced environment. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the design and implementation of test infrastructure and test automation for Oracle Management Cloud
- Assist teams with implementation and/or migration to appropriate systems and tools aligning to the overall test automation strategy
- Provide technical leadership and architectural guidance to cross functional teams around Continuous Delivery practices
- Identify manual processes and inefficiencies and improve them through automation
- Provide training and support to software engineering teams
- Investigate and recommend tools to support continuous integration and test automation objectives and processes
- Analyze product source code and work with developers to propose appropriate test strategies
- Use coding skills to implement test automation, automate daily tasks, and improve overall test coverage
- Be an evangelist to stakeholders about continuous integration, continuous delivery and agile practices
- Work with application development teams and automation teams to design and write automation code for deploying and managing applications
- Demonstrate a leadership role in ensuring that new and existing systems are aligned to architectural guidelines
- 15 years of experience in a software engineering environment including 3 years in an Agile environment using CI with a high level of automation
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering. Must possess technical knowledge of all areas that support the cloud infrastructure, including automation frameworks, operating systems, network and security
- Extensive experience working with Linux platforms;
- Excellent understanding of test automation principles and techniques: test-driven development, Unit tests, code coverage, instrumentation, etc.
- Unit, integration, black box, service and UI testing - understanding of testing pyramid
- Experience designing and implementing testing automation framework and methodology to support agile product development. Experience integrating test automation fully into the CI chain and how to keep tests healthy.
- Experience with:
- Scripting/development experience (JAVA, J2EE, PL/SQL, Perl, Shell, Python, etc.).
- Unit Testing frameworks like TestNG, Junit, mocking solutions, etc.
- Testing frameworks for REST API; UI automation tools like Selenium
- Code Coverage tools like Jacoco, JSCover, Sonar, etc.
- Configuration management systems: Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Continuous integration systems: Hudson, Jenkins, etc.
- Collaboration and project management tools: JIRA, Perforce
- Version control systems (GIT, SVN)
- Big data solutions (i.e. Hadoop-based)
- Relevant experience in Service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services
- Application and infrastructure virtualization techniques for the purpose to testing automation
- Excellent analytical & troubleshooting skills, as well as innovation and creativity combined with strong personality;
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work in an extremely geographically distributed organization
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Suggest and justify product directions within approved directions. Define responsibilities for new projects and specifies, designs and develops software according to those specifications. Provide consultative software guidance and strategic direction associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Acknowledged expert/professional within company and/or industry nationally and internationally. Provides leadership in the development and strategic direction of new products, processes, techniques. Acts as primary consultant on large projects that effect the organization*s long term objectives / strategy. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 10 more years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.