Verizon Data Artificial Intelligence Group is looking for Test Automation Engineer. You will be part of the VZLabs team responsible for testing different applications, defining and creating a test automation framework, writing and executing automated tests scripts in a complex web environment.
- Test the quality of data and applications prior and during implementation of various projects.
- Document results of tests and review any defects with developers for resolution.
- Collaborate with developers early on in the testing process to develop test plans and write test cases and scripts. Perform functional, Integration and system testing of applications and reports.
- Coordinate release activities with Project Management, Release Management and Web Development teams to ensure a smooth roll out of releases.
- Manage, deploy and support multiple concurrent releases through various test environments
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience,
- 5+ years of QA Engineer experience.
- Strong knowledge of software testing processes with QA reporting mechanisms.
- 3+ years’ experience with producing scripts using automation tools
- Proven experience in setting up the Automation Framework (Selenium Web Driver with TestNG or Cucumber).
- Proven experience with any of the Scripting Languages - TestNG, Java, VBScripts , Python or Ruby.
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility testing.
- Experience with web performance testing with JMeter or similar tools.
- Experience with maintaining and supporting build and test environments.
- A solid understanding of common software development practices and tools
- Comfortable with Agile software development methodologies
- Strong analytical skills with a methodical approach to problem solving
- Experience working with version control systems such as Git or Subversion
- Experience in Testing BI & DWH technologies and Analytics is a plus.
- Familiarity with bug tracking tools, i.e., JIRA or a similar tool
- Good organizational skills and strong written and verbal communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.