At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Test Automation Engineer for the Software, Electronics, and Mechanical Systems (SEMS) Corporate Labs located in Maplewood, MN.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Test Automation Engineer will design, automate and execute software tests. Develop quality assurance programs for complex software systems on various platforms; perform network/application troubleshooting and system configuration; work with multiple database platforms, multiple operating systems and mobile devices. This position can provide a great opportunity to learn, grow, and develop as an employee.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop automated test scripts for software test validation
- Design test plans, to communicate test scope to project managers and stake holders
- Develop test cases that verify: user workflows, functional testing, regression testing, negative testing, defect fixes, and usability
- Develop automated quality assurance testing programs
- Use various software testing programs to record results; (Quality Center, Jira, and Confluence...)
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product design specifications and release schedules
- Conduct testing using various: hardware(devices), operating systems, browsers and older versions of existing applications
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers using HP QC, Jira, and TFS
- Design test reports, risk identification and defect analysis to communicate with project managers and stake holders
- Work with cross functional teams to facilitate communication and adaptability within a SCRUM environment
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) years of combined experience in software engineering, testing automation, implementation and/or support
- Experience in automated software testing
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science; Computer Engineering; Computer Software Engineering; Computer and Information Sciences or other Science disciplines
- Experience in software testing and quality assurance with a distinguished track record in complex software systems on various platforms
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Strong network/application troubleshooting and systems engineering background with Windows
- Experience with multiple database platforms, including Oracle, and strong SQL knowledge desired
- Experience in leading complex projects from test planning to production launch
- Experience in planning, designing, and performing functional and system level tests
- Experience in programming with languages: C/C++, Java, Perl or VBScript
- Knowledge of performance and security testing
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Effective facilitation, communication and teaching skills
- Ability to understand and apply analytical and statistics tools
- Results oriented with strong process and execution skills
: Maplewood, MNTravel:
May include up to 25% domestic or international travelRelocation Benefits:
Are not authorized for this position
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.