Under general direction of the ITO Manager - Test Engineer II is responsible for leading testing software solutions that interface with miscellaneous software and hardware devices in integrated test environment. This person will work closely with project management development and test engineers to plan and execute comprehensive testing strategies (Manual and/or automated) for product software hardware firmware security and databases before release to our customers and training new test engineers. This position will also manage the set-up of test bed/systems and scenarios to replicate customer production environment and assist in review and implementation of structured system testing practices department wide. Additionally this person will help service support team to resolve product issues identified at customer site and provide resolution to escalated calls.
- Lead the creation and execution of test plans and procedures for complex projects.
- Develops and performs regression testing of existing software.
- Coordinates with end users to plan user acceptance testing alpha and beta.
- Ensures that system tests are successfully completed and documented and all problems are resolved.
- Establishes and communicates common goals and direction for the ITO team.
- Acts as a source of direction training and guidance for less experienced Engineers.
- Undertakes complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge.
- Identifies recommends and implements changes to enhance effectiveness of ITO strategies.
- Assists in planning and scheduling testing.
- Responsible for configuration management of software builds and documentation; supports the change management process with a focus on smooth implementations and/or changes.
- Reproduces customer issues when needed in order to support the service department and the development group.
- Performs upgrades to customer systems; occasionally travels to the customer site in order to perform applicable upgrades.
- Supports technical issues upgrades and upgrades as needed by the various internal departments such as training service and marketing.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
A bachelor's degree is required - with a major in Computer Engineering or another technical discipline such as Computer Science Information Technology strongly preferred. 10 years of progressively responsible experience including 2 years at a lead level in SDLC with emphasizes on Software Quality Assurance Testing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong understanding of complete Software development of Life Cycle
- Experience in waterfall agile or iterative development and testing methodology
- Extensive experience in testing tools to support and assist the company testing efforts
- Experience in SQL Query Analyzer DB Scripting ODBC configuration
- Hands-on Knowledge of relevant testing technology tools and software's preferably HP/Mercury Suites of products (QuickTest Professional LoadRunner is a plus)
- Programming experience with C or VB.
- Strong Experience developing custom functions and procedures to support test automation
- Exposure working with Business Analyst Development and Team Leads to define appropriate test artifacts
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis on customer issues
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong analytical problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Excellent organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.