Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Engineer - Software
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1017212
Test Engineer - Software and Hardware Test
San Jose, CA
The Business Entity
Cisco Cable Business Unit seeks a Test Engineer responsible for the complete testing and release cycle of Cisco hardware and software, including review of product requirements and development and industry specifications, as well as writing, automating and executing test plans. The ideal candidate demonstrates the ability to learn new technologies and related testing techniques quickly to keep up with rapidly evolving industry trends. The role calls for a tenacious and patient engineer with strong multi-tasking and problem-solving skills, and an ability to promote cooperation among team colleagues.
Join a Team of Highly motivated whose members have extensive experience with end-to-end customer solutions in Cable MSO space.
Role & Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Virtualization / Data center experience is must (VMware , KVM , Zen , HyperV)
• System Test Experience is a must
• Automation skill (Python, TCL) is required
• Strong debugging / troubleshooting skills is required
• Test planning / execution for a given feature / functionality
• Routing experience (RIP, OSPF BGP , L2VPN, L3VPN, TCP , DHCP)
• Previous experiences working in Cable MSO would be plus
The leader's top priority is to build this team and accelerate the overall hiring process.
• Participate in beta coordination with other builds and regression testing of the software.
• Define test strategy based on evolving and changing product specifications.
• Interface with Customer Eng., Marketing and Sales to understand customer problems and requirements and provide raw material for training and documentation.
• Become a subject matter expert on DOCSIS and cable modem technology over time developing that knowledge into a leadership role.
• Certify software release for general availability to customers.
• BSEE/CS plus 7-10+ yrs related experience, or a MSEE/CS combined with 5-7+ years of related experience. 10+ years experience in test equipment.
• In Depth knowledge of routing protocols and one or more LAN/WAN protocols such as (Ethernet, DOCSIS, MPLS, OSPF, BGP etc).
• Solid foundation in TCP/IP protocol
• Familiarity with network test tools including data and voice traffic generators, protocol analyzers, spectrum analyzer etc. (Pagent, Smartbits, IXIA, Callgen etc).
• Familiarity with network provisioning and management tools including: DHCP servers, DNS Servers, TFTP Servers, Syslog servers, SNMP Management servers.
• Prior experience or knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: PacketCable, PCMM, Voice, VoIP, HA, SNMP, IPv6
• Design experience preferred. BSEE/ET, MS preferred or equivalent.
• Unix scripting, TCL/Expect, PERL.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
@ciscojob is #hiring #design experience #BSEE/ET #Unix Scripting #TCL/Expect #PERL
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Software Defined Network (SDN)
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.