The Hartford's Claims IT team is seeking a highly motivated Test Environment Manager in the Windsor, CT office for high profile, complex and critical applications. Successful candidates will be expected to demonstrate strong leadership skills, ability to understand and manage the Claims IT highly Integrated Test Environment and how they integrate with Testing, DevOps, and Service Virtualization Tools.
Candidates must have excellent organization skills and competency in multiple technical solutions. Attention to detail is a must and candidate must have the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. Successful candidates will have a willingness to understand existing processes and systems, possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and they should be able to make decisions quickly in consultation with team members and subject matter experts. Must be able to build strong relationships, actively participate in team work and understand the dynamics and critical nature of the test environments that are required to support both Maintenance and Invest delivery for the business. Responsibilities of the position include:
- Understand and implement the overall test environments needed for projects, programs, or systems, keeping in mind cross-functional impacts, integration across the organization.
- Proactively address test environment issues and risks that could impact maintenance release schedules and/or financials.
- Coordinate troubleshooting of any test environment issues, track test environment related metrics, and incorporate improvements based upon lessons learned.
- Work collaboratively with the Claims IT Release Manager and Maintenance and Invest Project Managers, and Delivery Leads.
- Baseline test environments and identify gaps to meet development and testing objectives.
- Baseline and maintain app to app integration mappings.
- Participate in various stakeholder meetings to analyze and recommend future environment requirements.
- Design and create environment build configuration document.
- Deliver and validate environments were built to the environment build configuration.
- Manage application and batch environment configuration ensuring usable test environments.
- Manage application and database code deployment, code merges, build and deployment validation for Parallel Maintenance and Invest Projects.
- Plan environment usage avoiding contention and environment capacity based on expected business growth
- Maintain a view of the release schedule to be able to map out which environments and environment requirements are needed to deliver the various work scope items
- Manage applications, web services, and tools access complying with IT Controls.
- Responsible for availability & performance of in-scope test environments.
- Manage the daily health check to ensure environment availability. Review non-prod monitoring and alerting for health, capacity or performance concerns.
- Manage the Loading or refreshing of data for testing efforts and management of test data management tools.
- Prior experience with coordination, management or experience with complex, highly integrated test environments and related tools.
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 7 years of experience in web based Java/J2EE applications in Development, QA, or Environment Management.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of independence but also able to work as a team player.
- Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiar with SDLC including Water Fall and Agile.
- Experience working on maintenance and Invest teams for large complex internet based front-end applications.
Other relevant skill sets include:
What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?
- Business Knowledge & Partnership (insurance/financial industry background)
- Planning and Project Management
What Else Can You Tell Me?
- Data Analysis- Input, understand, analyze and act on data
- Business Owner Mindset- Operate with keen business knowledge, expense, risk & controls driven mindset
- Communication- Influence through a consultative approach
- Customer Driven- Focus on "Harvest" - (our enterprise continuous improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local decision making for continuous improvement
- Growth & Development- Maximize development of self and others
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **