What you’ll be doing...
As a member of Verizon’s ICSA Labs infrastructure team, the candidate will be responsible for the operations, security, efficiency, and lifecycle of lab systems used in the process of testing and certifying network and system security products. The ability to configure, manage, and document enterprise-level infrastructure, hardware, and software as well as open-source and in-house developed applications is required. In addition to working with the infrastructure team, the candidate will be providing support to lab analysts and other stakeholders within Verizon and ICSA Labs. The candidate will need to possess solid IT experience in networking and systems domains, strong communication skills, and must be technically able to hit the ground running. The ability to work in a collaborative environment is essential.
What we’re looking for...
- Eight or more years experience with network and security device configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- Eight or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience configuring, managing, and troubleshooting enterprise-class infrastructure, hardware, and software.
- Experience configuring, building, and installing open-source software.
- Knowledge and in-depth experience in a variety of Unix and Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge and in-depth experience with IP, subnetting, switching, routing, VLANs, and other network technologies, including configuration, optimization, and troubleshooting skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team and to absorb knowledge on the fly.
- The ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- The ability to successfully manage multiple projects on a daily basis.
- Ability to work outside of normal working hours (evenings and weekends) if needed.
- Ability to work on site in the ICSA Labs facilities in Mechanicsburg and Harrisburg Pennsylvania.
Even better if you have:
- Demonstrated experience of managing the day-to-day aspects of protected customer relationships
- The ability to work extremely well under pressure, while maintaining confidentiality, a professional image and approach with customers.
- Functional literacy in multiple programming and scripting languages.
- Familiarity with version control systems and code repository mechanisms.
- Experience researching security threats for both offensive and defense purposes.
- Experience with sourcing and writing product testing processes, tools, and procedures.
- Experience with authoring supporting documentation, measurement, analysis, and improvement of operational procedures.
- A successful history of training, mentoring, and coaching other members of the team and the company in best practices and other work activities.
- An understanding of information security; enterprise hardware solutions (including storage technologies); network architecture; database concepts; document management; hardware and software troubleshooting; email systems, Microsoft Office applications; and virtualization solutions.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.