The concept of "Blizzard polish," that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It's a responsibility shared across the company - and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard Entertainment quality assurance (QA). We're searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come. Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living, and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let's get to work!About the Job
Creating epic Blizzard gaming experiences, like defeating Archimonde in Warlords of Draenor and climbing the Hearthstone ladder to legendary, come after talented teams spend thousands of hours perfecting the final products. We're looking for a technically proficient and knowledgeable test lead to lead a QA test team. The ideal candidate must have a proven ability to create data focused test strategies utilizing metrics and serve as a focal leadership and mentoring point for the team.Responsibilities
- Lead, recruit, coach, and manage a team of 10 towards individual and team excellence.
- Partner and provide high value quality-related services to development leadership.
- Be accountable for the quality of all work and relationships on their team.
- Drive test development, estimation, planning, execution, reporting, and closure.
- Create, monitor, and control metrics impacting product and team quality.
- Analyze product quality and usability, associated system limitations, and report on risk.
- Coordinate responsible test area with regional teams.
- Host test closure activities; e.g. testware evaluation, knowledge transfer, retrospectives.
- Always champion the customer experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 1 year experience in leading test teams
- A minimum of 1 year experience in management
- Experience with gray / black box test methods
- Demonstrated experience in test planning for complex features / systems
- Passion for video games and software quality
- Certifications: PMP, Scrum Master and/or Product Owner, ISTQB
- Familiar with Blizzard Entertainment line of products and services
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.