At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Join our Constellation team and become part of Exelons competitive retail and wholesale energy business. Constellation is headquartered in Baltimore, with regional offices in Chicago, Houston, Kennett Square, Louisville, and New York.
We develop energy management strategies that help customers buy, manage and consume energy. Our retail unit is among the largest and most comprehensive in the industry with approximately 1 million residential customers that rely on our commitment to innovation, dependability, transparency, and service. Our wholesale business serves utilities, municipalities and co-ops and features world-class risk management and energy trading capabilities. PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Business Execution Team is responsible for advancing the commercial platform to enable achievement of strategic business objectives and drive continuous improvement by
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Identify, prioritizing and executing process improvements and system solutions.
- Transforming the solution delivery approach.
- Leading and managing spend, priority and oversight of technology investments and the business roadmap. This role reports up through Retail Operations and supports all business lines, commodities and functional areas throughout the organization.
- Partner with the business and IT to understand business requirements or business stories as well as the priority and timeline for functional changes
- Leverage best-in-class tools to lead testing activities for Capital projects, O&M projects, ongoing system enhancements and overarching infrastructure changes-Identify and utilize the appropriate mix of testing techniques to provide overall quality assurance.
- Document the test plan, socialize with appropriate stakeholders and obtain sign-off
- Compile test metrics and report to senior management on progress and issues
- Lead activities defined under the test plan for the related functional changes and/or project
- Mentor QA Analysts to ensure high-quality and efficient software development and deliveries
- Support development of sound test scripts and maintain effective test script library
- Ensure end user engagement in user acceptance testing (UAT) preparation and execution of testing as needed-Leverage test automation to create efficiencies
- Facilitate defect reporting, management and prioritization from conception to resolution
- Document and confirm test execution entry and exit requirements have been met prior to test execution initiation or completion.
- Communicate changes or impact to business process effectively to business users via change management efforts.
- Create efficient feedback loops for developers (IT) and the business to maximize velocity through testing cycles while maintaining overall system quality control
- Create and/or modify testing process and/or tools to improve team, system and/or business results
- Drive establishment of environments.
- -Lead process improvement activities associated with process inefficiencies and/or new functions currently not performed in day-to-day operations
- Bachelors degree or higher
- Demonstrated ability and certification in applying testing fundamentals and concepts, ISTQB certification preferred
- Demonstrated ability in regression testing automation-Demonstrated expertise in multiple business systems
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of HP ALM, VersionOne a plus-Ability to understand business stories, manipulate data and test systems to ensure sufficient functionality testing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize multiple deliverables and coordinate project teams to deliver high-quality results
- Adaptability and drive for results
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to create sustainable and repeatable processes
- Superior and proven ability to partner across the organization-Ability to bring stakeholders from various departments within the company together to gain alignment on sensitive issues
- High visibility and exposure to leaders and management across the Business while working on a variety of projects
- Knowledge of the energy business; wholesale business knowledge a plus
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.