Test Principal Engineer – Austin, TX or Nashua, NH
Dell EMC is a well-respected provider of validated solutions in support of open source Cloud initiatives. As Dell EMC continues its transition to a complete solution provider, we are increasingly helping our customers with the software required to support their needs. We are looking for a Test Principal Engineer to be located in*Austin, TX, *or*Nashua, NH.
This position is related to working on key projects in OpenStack Cloud infrastructures. To support this effort, the Dell EMC Validated Systems Group is seeking a Senior Development Engineer in Test as a member of our open source solutions team.
The person we are seeking should have previous experience in manual quality testing, creating test cases, and automating test cases within an agile development environment for quality assurance.
Specific experience in Cloud Computing or Big Data environments as well as the validation of complex software environments that have multi-tenant, distributed characteristics in a commercial business setting for delivery of solutions to end users is a desirable asset of the candidate’s background.
- Write and review test cases.
- Write and execute manual test cases as needed.
- Create and maintain automation test frameworks.
- Create automation tests for OpenStack Solutions.
- Create automation tools for deploying open source OpenStack Solutions.
- Assist with cluster and machine Lab setup in support of team initiatives as needed.
- Validate documentation and identify opportunities for improvement of documentation as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Management Information Systems or related field.
- At least 3 years of recent experience in a QA function doing manual and automated testing of software and/or command-line tools.
- At least 2 years of recent experience writing test automation scripting using Python or Ansible.
- At least 3 years of interacting with using Linux BASH commands.
- Experience with defect tracking systems such as JIRA or Bugzilla.
- Experience with using Wiki collaboration tools such as Confluence, Twiki, MoinMoin, or MediaWiki.
- Experience installing and/or troubleshooting multi-node Linux server farms, OpenStack clusters, and/or distributed compute and storage systems.
- Experience with working in a team that uses an agile development methodology with short iterations/sprints.
- Experience using automation middleware tools such as Ansible, Paramiko, and/or PyUnit.
- Experience configuring BIOS/RAID on Hardware and configuring networking using the Linux command prompt.
With more than 140,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell EMC’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell EMC means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
**Job:** **Test Engineer-SW Engr*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions*
**Title:** *Test Principal Engineer in Austin, TX*
**Requisition ID:** *160011SH*
**Other Locations:** *North America-US-NH-Nashua*