LinkedIn is looking for a process and detail oriented Test/QA Automation Engineer for our Sales Systems team. In this role, the Test/QA Automation Engineer is responsible for developing and executing comprehensive suites of automation test plans and test cases, maintaining and adding to the existing automation framework, continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression, automation for newly integrated features, and development of toolsets to augment Development testing. The Test/QA Automation Engineer will also work closely with Project Managers, Software Developers and other Test engineers in the team to deliver high quality test coverage.
This role provides interesting, varied work that will deliver significant impact on LinkedIn's Global Sales organization; you will be involved in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle. You must possess the ability to succinctly develop the test strategy to deliver high-quality results in a time sensitive environment. Successful execution will require effective communication and designing solutions in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Responsibilities
- Design, maintain, and execute comprehensive test suites against LinkedIn Salesforce.com platform.
- Implement and execute test strategies on all supported platforms and languages to help improve overall quality and test code coverage.
- Design and develop Integration, Performance, Scalability, and Stress tests using industry standards tools.
- Write backend integration, RESTful web service APIs and API tests.
- Create and maintain Automation knowledge documentation.
- Produce meaningful and automated dynamic reports and metrics that measure the success of automation efficiency and quality.
- Work with the Development and Test engineers to scale up test automation practices and provide robust releases.
- Participate in architecture and design reviews of complex solutions in cross-team efforts.
- Review the current automation strategies and processes and provide action items for continuous improvements.
- Mentor and guide others on the team.
- 4+ years experience with Selenium using C# or Java on a crm solution such as Salesforce.com
- 3+ years of hands on code driven test automation experience
- Integration experience with the Salesforce.com platform using SOAP, Boomi and/or REST APIs.
- Experience with source control, build and deployment tools such as Jenkins and GIT.
- Strong commitment to best practices in Test and software development, including modern Continuous Integration processes and automating everything.
- Good knowledge of defect tracking systems such as JIRA.
- Experience with Agile, other rapid application development methods, and Waterfall SDLC.
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or 4+ years of related practical experience.
- Experience with an UI automation
- Knowledge of database query tools and ability write and run SQL/SOQL queries.
- Experience in testing and automating integration around a CRM platform
- Develop methods and procedures to create test data capabilities via automation.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and documentation skills.