GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Test Software Engineer has responsibilities extending to the design and development of test system software and hardware within the operations environments of the Global Supply chain. The position may develop distributed software applications for real-time automated test system solutions.
• Lead test system development on National Instruments based standard test platform for new product introductions, including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service
• Responsible to identify hardware in test system and design product interface fixture needed to fulfil product test requirements.
• Ensure early focus on manufacturability in NPI and/or Advanced Technology programs. Drive rigor in process capability assessment, process layout, tooling /equipment development and QMS Design Transfer execution
• Ensure regulatory compliance through Qualification & Validation. Responsible for ensuring rigor in determining processes requiring validation, development of plans and analysis criteria, execution and final analysis and acceptance
• Responsible to work with systems teams to generate requirements and software/system design
• Responsible for software development lifecycle, leveraging Agile and Lean software development methodologies to drive reliability upstream into the development life cycle
• Interacting with global teams to promote consistency and maximize synergies across common software platforms
• Designing and building strong testing infrastructure to minimize dependency on hardware
• Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas
• Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and apply existing technology to designs
• Monitor and improve productivity through the use of Lean Six Sigma or related tools, while ensuring all customer commitments are timely and cost-conscious and met with quality
• Responsible for test coverage, performance and on-time delivery
• Influencing cross-functional teams to implement quality actions
• Mentoring other team members
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or associated degree & 5 years' experience in development of automated test systems.
• A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in National Instruments software test engineering OR Master's degree with 6 years of experience in National Instruments software test engineering
• 5+ years National Instruments LabView and/or TestStand experience
• Demonstrated experience designing and developing automated test systems into manufacturing environment.
•Experience developing test system documentation deliverables such as BOM, schematics, detailed design documents, qualification protocols, user manuals, etc.
•Demonstrated program or project management skills
•Lean and six sigma certification
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job ( If Visa Sponsorship is No)
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Madison
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.