2 nd Shift Test Technician
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Engine Business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Stoughton, Wisconsin for a Test Technician.
Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects such as New Product Development, Value Package Introduction and Systems
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
• Configure and operate engines or test rigs, measuring and recording data as requested.
• Install engines and components in test cells or test rigs. May require lifting of 50lbs.
• Fabricate necessary tubing, hardware and brackets to complete engine, test part and test equipment installation.
• Configure and operate data acquisition systems.
• Responsible for adherence to safety rules and cleanliness of lab area using good housekeeping practices.
• Review and execute test plans and documents results in a specified format including test time, to ensure data quality and customer charges.
• Has in-depth understanding of calibration processes, procedures and theory.
• Interface with customers, suppliers, engineers and other functions to ensure high level of customer support excellence.
• Contributes to the development of standard work practices and instructions in support of ISO17025/TS16949/ISO14001/COS/LOFE initiatives.
• Diagnose engine, test cell and test rig problems.
• Cross train in other Lab Operations areas, which include Applied Mechanics, Emissions and Materials.
• Assist mechanical technicians in daily duties as needed.
• Document test progress and test cell/rig operation with frequent and accurate updates.
• Demonstrate adaptability and responsiveness to changing work needs and willingness to undertake/manage multiple projects/tasks as they become evident; initiates, develops, leads, and participates in improvement projects.
• Provides input in Test Method Development.
• Participate in the maintenance of quality procedures.
• Support test engineer in the writing/editing of code used to perform testing in lab.
• Provides training in equipment operations, test methods, calibration, and maintenance.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
• Entry level requiring minimum one year of relevant experience from higher education and/or employment in related field (internship or co-op acceptable).
• Associates degree from an accredited program or higher is preferred. This may include MET, EET, Transportation Studies or Diesel & Heavy Equipment Technician Program
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.