Test Technician Senior Analyst - CS17
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 16000W8I
Engineering Test Technician Sr. Analyst - Austin, TX
The Internet of Things (IOT) Test Technician supports both the engineering and marketing departments by providing technical assistance in the IOT lab. Responsibilities include operating test equipment to support engineering evaluations, creating reports to document this testing, preparing systems (both hardware and software imaging) for shipment to customers, and occasionally travelling to customers to troubleshoot and/or fix issues as needed.
* Must be capable of disassembling, configuring, and re-assembling IOT hardware (gateways, embedded PCs, etc.)
* Ability to run all test equipment in the IOT, Rugged Mobile and Shock and Vibe labs
* Ability to read and execute test plans correctly
* Must be capable of imaging BIOS and OS revisions onto hardware and testing them for conformance and functionality
* Must be proficient in Excel and PowerPoint and capable of creating test reports
* Ability to work with customers, sometimes under adverse conditions, and leave positive impression of Dell IOT
* Expertise with PC hardware (configuring, imaging, troubleshooting)
* Excellent analytical and organizational skills
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally (expected to be 10% of time or less)
* Ability to function as a team player with other Technicians
* Bachelor’s degree or Technical A.S. or equivalent
* 6 years of relevant experience
/ Company Description /
/ With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success. /
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
**Job:** **Engineering Technician - Test Technician*
**Organization:** **Client Solutions*
**Title:** *Test Technician Senior Analyst - CS17*
**Requisition ID:** *16000W8I*