Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Global Labs Manager – Service Specialist within the Johnson & Johnson Application Services organization for the Quality and R&D Services team. The primary location for this position will be in New Jersey / Pennsylvania, and may sit in any of the facilities of choosing in those regions.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
We are thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Global Labs Manager – Application Service Specialist will be part of the Quality and Research & Development Services (QRDS) organization, responsible for the execution of the Global Laboratory Service across all segments. The primary responsibilities include service management, project delivery, customer interface, conflict resolution, and Lab strategy across the enterprise. In this role, the candidate will interface directly with business partners to understand their needs and deliver lab services based on those needs. This individual will serve as the primary point of contact for applications in their portfolio, with accountability to the business and Application Services (AS) leadership. The Global Labs Manager – Service Specialist will collaborate with Business Product Owners, Application Services Peers, Global Technology Services and External Partners to apply Enterprise technology and development capabilities to deliver solutions that rapidly meet business needs. Key technology capabilities include laboratory application platforms (eg. LabWare LIMS, Empower, LabVantage, SmartQC, SDMS). This role is responsible for collaborating with senior business partners and leading teams to shape needs, align roadmaps and deliver portfolio of projects with Agile delivery teams.
Proven leadership skills to include leading large organizations through transformational change, attracting, mentoring and retaining top IT talent and creating an environment that fosters excellence, collaboration and teamwork; Ability to solve complex business problems and present recommendations to senior management effectively; Ability to define, shape, and help drive strategy to completion while effectively collaborating with others under minimal direction/supervision; Strong relationship building skills, influencing internal and external stakeholders with shared and divergent interests, function or matrix environment and globally is required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with J&J Business and IT Leadership to build upon the Global Labs service strategy and roadmap
- Map out complex business processes to serve as reference for development of integration solutions and advocate for business process simplification where appropriate to deliver robust and cost effective solutions
- Oversees progress of work in multiple Agile Scrum work streams. Co-ordinates work streams, activities and initiatives across Product Lines as needed
- Ensure compliance requirements are met, oversees documentation activities and participates in compliance activities as required
- Ensure successful business product owner engagement and completion of user acceptance testing
- This position also requires strong analytical and project management skills, with strong communications skills and the ability to give presentations and public speaking are required. Must be results-oriented and possess desire for solving problems.
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of overall experience in information technology is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of Lab Informatics platforms background such as (eg. LabWare, LIMS, Empower, LabVantage, SmartQC, SDMS) is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of Lab solutions delivery is required.
- Experience in the Medical Devices/Pharmaceutical/Healthcare industries with strong business acumen is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with business partners to define strategy and to implementation services.
- Ability to solve complex business problems and present recommendations to senior management effectively is required.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects with direct exposure to end-to-end development of Laboratory solutions is required.
- Project Management experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working across multiple franchises in a global matrix environment to get results is preferred
- Proven experience with Agile/DevOps/Lean and be able to multi-task, be dependable, and have continuous commitment to improvement with a metrics driven approach to ensure appropriate delivery, inspection and quality.
- Experience in working with GxP Applications is required
- Must be self-motivated and be able to operate with minimal supervision
- This position requires up to 15% International and Domestic travel.
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey, North America-United States-PennsylvaniaOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function
Info TechnologyRequisition ID