The Hartford is aggressively executing on a multi-year plan to accelerate our transformation to a culture of continuous improvement while enabling the execution of our strategy. The Hartford Way is The Hartford's own path to continuous improvement, providing employees with the tools and training to improve the customer experience, work more efficiently, and sustain improvements. Powered by Harvest, The Hartford Way
integrates and embeds our enterprise capabilities - process excellence, coaching & feedback, decision effectiveness and accountability - to become how we operate .
The Sustainability Leader (Senior Consultant) is a visible role, l eading/contributing to high impact continuous improvement initiatives in the business areas supported. This position enables our acceleration to a culture of continuous improvement, by driving adoption and proficiency of The Hartford Way in order to realize business outcomes and make our company work better:
- Listening to the voice of our customers and business partners to deliver valued and consistent customer experiences
- Creating customer value through end to end process excellence
- Deploying management routines and tools that maximize individual and team performance, problem solving and innovation
- Aligning our metrics and accountabilities to enable valued customer experiences and drive business and team outcomes
- Coaching to shifts in mindsets and behaviors in order to enable breakthrough thinking, empowerment and local decision making
By developing proficiency in The Hartford Way, the Sustainability Leader will have the opportunity to sharpen their business acumen, demonstrate critical competencies valued in our organization. Responsibilities
Qualifications: Ideal Candidates will have:
- Deepening the adoption of Continuous Improvement environment focusing on maintaining the management system that was adopted and the health of the 12 tools by ensuring individuals in the business unit have the necessary training, problem-solving skills, mindsets, and operational behaviors to support The Hartford Way.
- Cultivate and foster the continuous improvement philosophy as a long term business strategy.
- Implement the100 day plan by partnering with business areas.
- Work closely with front line senior leaders to coach them on their engagement with continuous improvement philosophy, adhering to systems requirements (i.e., leading and developing people, meeting customer demand, and raising and solving problems), and tools
- Coaching to keep the customer at the center of any process changes, change management and adherence of the continuous improvement management system
- Support the end to end delivery of post-transformation Sustainability Assessments, action planning, and improvement execution until process changes are fully confirmed and embedded in the line activity and behaviors
- Responsible for using the maturity assessments that were performed at the site (s), to create a consolidated view of the health of the tools.
- Responsible for consistent application and execution of management systems across all sites. Perform floor walks to assess Management System.
- Accountable for enforcing Governance Model (standard work and routines) and consults on decision made on any outside factors that can affect the operation of the management system.
- Create a master operating schedule that includes reporting out on results of the management system (i.e. trend reports, metric reports).
- Establish effective relationships with key stakeholders to influence change. Develop and execute strategies to build and increase leadership support for change; Share best practices, coach and mentor less experienced members of the team
- Responsible for incorporating best practices into The Hartford Way deployment process through a cross functional community of practice
- Incorporating system or process changes into management systems and respective metric improvements
- Experience in business roles where change management is a vital component; Experience with managing complex, integrated business change projects. Understand matrix structures.
- Visibility into strategic invest and process changes that can be incorporated into existing management system
- Demonstrated track record of influencing and coaching leaders in order to drive outcomes and high performance
- Builds strong credible relationships quickly when partnering with business leaders.
- Ability to see connections and systems across process; Strong project management orientation
- Strong communication skills; Able to create effective and persuasive communication materials; Clearly conveys technical and business concepts verbally and in writing; Ability to listen actively and facilitate in group settings
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization. Must be a team player and able to work with and through others.
- Create enthusiasm and drive engagement for process improvement and motivate team members to achieve results.
- Skills and abilities required for the role include problem-solving, communication and engagement (i.e., presentations and written communications, facilitating, and influencing/negotiating/handling conflict), leadership and influencing skills, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Ability to raise and resolve complex issues identified as part management routine assessment
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent work experience required
- A minimum of 5 years in a program, project management, process improvement in a complex environment and/or prior leadership/people management
- Relevant training - Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt, Change Management, Decision Effectiveness, Coaching (GROW) & Feedback (STAR)
- Participation as a Local Change Agent in a pilot and replication in business unit is a highly preferred;
Strong relationships with business unit management and front-line; Demonstrable track record in managing and influencing improvement in unit(s)
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Positions are 100% dedicated to The Hartford Way, locations vary by deployment schedule.
- We will work to assign to deployments closest to home area wherever possible; Candidate may be required to travel 4 days a week during deployment, replication, and sustainability
Why join The Hartford?
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Visit our website to learn about The Hartford's recognition. Information about the company and its product offerings is available at www.thehartford.com .
Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheHartford .
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TheHartford .What is the compensation opportunity?
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan and more.Equal Opportunity Employer / Females / Minorities / Veterans / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Expression / Religion / Age ** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **