Job Locations: Austin, TX, or Chicago, IL
IBM is seeking Cyber Security Analysts to work on the Cyber Security Rapid Response Team - Security Monitoring, Forensic and Threat Intelligence function. This position requires a motivated fast learner, who is able to work within the Rapid Response function to identify, analyze, potential threats to the environment. The candidate will require security industry knowledge that evolves with current and emerging threats, as well as an ongoing understanding of key business and technological processes. This position will report to the Threat and Response Lead of Information Security.
This role will perform security monitoring, investigations and perform analysis of events in order to thwart internal and external threats to the environment. Additionally, will collaborate on an ongoing basis with the Cyber Security Rapid Response Incident Response Team and Managed Security Service providers to support detection, triage, incident analysis, containment, remediation and reporting of events/incidents while coordinating, balancing business priorities, emerging and actual threats and best practices to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets.
• Analyze and respond to security threats from Firewall (FW), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Antivirus (AV), Network Access Control (NAC) and other security threat data sources.
• Respond in a timely manner (within documented SLA) to support, threat and other cases.
• Document actions in cases to effectively communicate information to internal stakeholders.
• Adhere to policies, procedures, and security practices
• Resolve problems independently and understand escalation procedure.
• Conduct Security Monitoring activities to provide Security in Depth visibility into potential known and unknown threats that may pose risk to the IBM environment.
• Participate in security incidents and technical analysis during significant security incidents.
• Utilize analytics to identify potential threats to the environment.
• Detect, respond, mitigate, and report on cyber threats/incidents that may impact the environment.
• Collaborate with technical leads: Engineering, Operations, Service Desk, Applications and BISOs on matters related to security monitoring across global footprint.
• Collaborate and serve as liaison to Managed and/or Unmanaged Security Service providers.
• Conduct Operations surrounding cyber security incident response technologies including network logging and forensics, security information and event management tools, security analytics platforms, log search technologies, and host based forensics as applicable.
• Act as an internal information security consultant to the business and technology units, advising on risks, threats and control practices related to Rapid Response.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.