Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The mission of the Global Technology division is to provide a highly reliable and commercial technology platform, which supports the Firm's strategy, delivered by an innovative, world-class team of professionals. There are ten divisions within Technology.
Technology & Information Risk (TIR) is part of the Global Technology and Data organization and manages operational and technology related risks on behalf of the Firm. The group's key principles are to provide proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management, to enable the execution of the Firms strategy.
TIR's mandate is to enable the Firm to manage its technology and data related risks through implementing proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management practices across the Firm to protect the franchise while capturing business opportunities. The TIR team partners with the business by ensuring that Technology and Data understands how to manage escalate and monitor risk.
Morgan Stanley has a requirement for a critical role for a Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst to work with our Threat Intelligence Team as part of Morgan Stanley's Fusion Center. The selected candidate will perform analysis on the current cyber threat environment based on a variety of external sources and partner with various teams to produce intelligence and information products. The candidate should be able to adapt to a changing environment, and have a solid understanding of the cyber threat landscape.
The global Fusion Center is a 24/7 operation with members in key geographical locations, this requires the role to cover shifts during weekday core hours, plus occasional evening and weekend on call for event handling.
• Maintain an understanding and awareness of the overall cyber threat landscape (cyber, malware, botnets, DDoS, geo-political, etc.)
• Engage with stakeholders to identify intelligence and information requirements
• Identify new open source intelligence (OSINT) products and sources
• Monitor and leverage the darkweb to gather intelligence about threat methods and actors to enhance intelligence products
• Review threats and provide analysis on how they relate to Morgan Stanley's Business Units
• Monitor open source, social media, darkweb, and other sources daily and report findings through various alerts
• Attend regular and weekly team meetings
• Support Morgan Stanley intelligence collection objectives, develop and refine intelligence requirements, product alerts, briefings, and reports on a daily basis
Skills required (essential)
• 2 years of professional experience, preferably within an analytical role in a relevant sector
• Strong analytical, and data analysis skills
• Ability to translate technical and complex information into business terms for management
• Knowledge of the current threat environment from a cyber, threat actor, cyber weapons & tools, and geo-political perspective
• Understanding of key intelligence analysis concepts, including the intelligence cycle
• Excellent writing and presentation skills are required to communicate findings and recommendations
• Experience with Open Source Intelligence Products (OSINT) and sources
• Bachelor Degree in International Studies, Information Technology, or Criminal Justice / Intelligence fields.
• International experience or experience working for a global organization
• Willingness to learn about the technology and cyber threat environment
• General understanding of the Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures of cyber threat actors
• Active memberships with associations across the security and intelligence community
• Experience using intelligence analysis tools and platforms
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.