As a Help Desk Technician, your duties include, but are not limited to: facilitate excellent relationships between Government active duty/civilian customers and the contractor team; use network management tools and assign ticket numbers for outages in Remedy; initiate a response, track, update, review, and conclude actions in Remedy; resolve user network resource application questions and problems.
This position is considered Mission Essential. You must be prepared for and be able to report to work and remain on site for extended periods of time during emergencies and drills. During such periods, you may be unable to maintain contact with anyone outside the site, including family and friends. You must sign a letter of commitment acknowledging and agreeing to this requirement.
* Must have a demonstrated track record of excellent Information Technology customer service skills, troubleshooting skills, and client resolution skills in a Windows PC environment
* Must have Remedy trouble ticket experience and skills
* Must have a demonstrated ability to perform network and client diagnostic/maintenance tasks
* Must be able to troubleshoot network connectivity of various workstations
* Must be familiar with and able to troubleshoot client peripherals including printers, KVMs, card readers, monitors, and blades
* Must be willing to work flexible shifts and days as required
* Must be willing to work weekends/holidays on the assigned days/mids shift rotations
* Must have or be able to quickly obtain a current Windows Operating System (OS) certificate
* Must meet DoD 8570 certification eligibility requirements (e.g., Security+ CE)
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.