Tier 3 Application Support Engineer | Opower
Location: Virginia, United States
Posted: December 03, 2016
Reference ID: 16001BGM
This role is based in our Arlington, VA Oracle | Opower office
Oracle | Opower is looking for an experienced Client Support Engineer for a growing Tier 3 support team, dedicated to supporting our global utility clients meet their goals of energy efficiency and customer engagement. Oracle | Opower's innovative approach uses cutting-edge behavioral science, customer data analytics and the latest software to help millions of people worldwide save energy.
The Tier 3 Client Support Team manages the most complex and challenging production issues for our utility clients, acting as advanced technical troubleshooters within the Client Support team. As a Tier 3 Client Support Engineer, you will serve as an internal escalation point for client-facing Tier 2 Client Support Engineers, working closely with Systems, Implementation, Engineering, and Platform Operations teams to resolve exciting and complex product and data issues.
• Provide Tier 3 support for production SaaS utility energy efficiency products/platforms
• Triage, analyze and resolve product/program and data issues, and collaborate with internal teams to resolve escalated issues as needed
• Be a friendly subject matter expert for all Opower products and services, acting as a mentor for junior staff
• Seek opportunities to improve processes, documentation and operational efficiency
• Balance client expectations and internal needs
• Participate in the Client Support on-call schedule
• Advanced technical hands-on troubleshooting skills, and experience supporting a SaaS platform
• 7 years of experience in 2nd or 3rd tier technical support, software development, consulting or technical project management
• Comfortable working in the UNIX command line
• Have experience supporting enterprise customers and are extremely client-focused
• Experience with at least one programming language (Java or Ruby preferred)
• Advanced SQL/MySQL skills, able to diagnose and resolve complex data issues
• Comfortable with networking concepts (HTTP, RESTful APIs, SAML)
• Strong professional and interpersonal communication skills
• Manage internal expectations around resolutions and timelines
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in one of the following: Math, Computer Science, or Engineering, or equivalent work experience
As a recognized authority and leading contributor within their practice, this senior-level consulting position provides consistent high quality and innovative solution leadership to a project team. Leads the solution design and implementation aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality, integrated software solutions within constraints of time and budget.
Analyzes business needs to help ensure Oracle solution meets the customer's objectives by combining industry best practices, product knowledge, and business acumen. Exercises judgment and business acumen in selecting methods and techniques to deliver functional and technical solutions on non-routine and very complex aspects of applications and technology installations. Provides direction and mentoring to project teams, and effectively influences customer leadership on key decisions. Supports the business development efforts by pursuing new opportunities and extensions. Collaborates with the consulting sales team by providing domain expertise. Resolves complex customer issues by recommending and implementing solutions. Demonstrates expertise in multiple business processes across two or more product families or ability to architect and design technology solutions encompassing multiple products and make decisions based on impact across the stack.
8-10 years of experience relevant to this position including 4 years of consulting experience. Prior team leadership or management experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Strong influencing and negotiation skills. Ability to travel as needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.