The Spending Analyst reports to the TIG FP&A Manager. The Spending Analyst is responsible for delivering finance analysis in support of business unit opex operations. He/she will be working with the Business Unit controller staff to ensure that the organization delivers to its RD&E business commitments.
Job Specific Knowledge
- Analyzes, interprets, and prepares financial forecasts.
- Supports business case development and other financial analysis as needed in support of BU finance.
- Supports both internal, external, and SOX audits.
- Supports the performance management process, providing the appropriate dashboard of financial and non-financial business metrics and analysis.
- Provides balance sheet analysis for general ledger accounts owned by the these organizations.
- Performs close activities including booking journal vouchers, headcount / spending analysis, and account reconciliation.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Knowledge of financial planning and analysis
- Proven competencies, particularly in the area of communications, presentations, financial analysis and related decision-making, problem solving, financial modeling and forecasting
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team building skills, and customer relationship skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Applications and exposure to major ERP applications
- E stablished communication skills, develop and execute effective presentations to BU finance and operational staff , established understanding of internal and external applications.
- INCUMBENTS TYPICALLY WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- B.S. level degree or equivalent in related discipline;
- 2-4 years of experience in Finance/Accounting.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.