Tig Welder - Largo 3rd Shift
Company: Johnson Controls
Location: Largo, Florida
Posted: December 06, 2017
Reference ID: 156156
Full competent to spot weld.
• Fully competent to spot weld.
• Operator places two pieces of metal into a machine and the machine heats the metal to spot weld. Machine has dials to control the heat, not much independent judgment needed to complete the task.
• Must be willing to accept and receive frequent supervision and assistance with regard to responsibilities
• Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations
• Other duties as required
Requires a high school diploma or GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and six months of experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to work in a noisy, dusty, industrial/manufacturing environment with some exposure to non-toxic irritants
• Ability to work with machinery and moving parts
• Ability to work with moving vehicles, ladders, and scaffolding
• Ability to work at heights
• Ability to properly lift/carry/push/pull/manipulate/transport up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs, and frequently lift up to 25 lbs
• Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment
• Ability to work in repetitive motions and pressure involving fingers, hands, and wrists
• The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing or walking over hard concrete surface
• Exposure to recurring bending, crouching, stooping, kneeling, sitting, climbing, stretching, reaching, or similar activities
• Ability to read, write, speak and communicate in the English Language
• Must have the physical strength and ability to frequently work more than 40 hours weekly
Ability to operate all job necessary equipment including moving vehicles in a safe manner. Persons under the influence of illegal drugs, alcohol or a prescribed medication which has a prescription warning to not operate machinery or drive a moving vehicle, shall not be considered as having the ability to operate the necessary equipment in a safe manner.
This position description is subject to change at any time without prior notice. This position requires the individual to wear the appropriate PPE as determined by management.