Provides leadership to designated areas of responsibility, including direction of on-site staff. Responsible for affecting ongoing quality, productivity, and efficiency by actively communicating to Area manager the operations of designated facility. Essential Job Functions:
- Monitor and oversee all daily operational duties and ensure that all employees adhere to all operational policies and procedures.
- Maintain staff work schedules on a weekly or monthly basis through communication with Area Manager.
- Informs Area manager of disciplinary action as warranted concerning any employee misconduct
- Act as primary liaison to hospital staff/management
- Respond to daily questions and concerns raised by hospital staff/management in a timely and responsible manner
- Responsible for adjusting staff's duties as may be required to accommodate procedural changes or additional needs that may occur
- Knowledge: Working knowledge of medical terminology, practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines. An understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and the clinic/corporation.
- Experience: A minimum three years of hospital/medical business office experience with insurance procedures and patient interaction. Strong familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. College degree preferred or high school diploma (equivalent).
- Competencies : Demonstrated communication, problem solving and case management skills and the ability to act/decide accordingly. Ability to collect, synthesize and research complex or diverse information. Exceptional customer service and the ability to plan organize and exercise sound judgment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.