Lead Patient Benefits Advisor
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - Manages and provides leadership to designated areas of responsibility, including direction and supervision of on-site staff. Responsible for affecting ongoing quality, productivity, and efficiency by actively managing operations of designated facility.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Monitor and oversee all daily operational duties and ensure that all employees adhere to all operational policies and procedures.
- Maintain staff work schedules on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Ensure work flow is consistent and timely for each employee.
- Enforce disciplinary action as warranted concerning any employee misconduct.
- Act as primary liaison to hospital staff/management.
- Respond to daily questions and concerns raised by hospital staff/management in a timely and responsible manner.
- Responsible for adjusting staff's duties as may be required to accommodate procedural changes or additional needs that may occur.
- Maintain sufficient and qualified staff.
- Adheres to and supports organizational IT&S standards, policies, and procedures.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- An understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and the clinic/corporation.
- Demonstrated communication, problem solving and case management skills and the ability to act/decide accordingly.
- Ability to collect, synthesize and research complex or diverse information.
- Exceptional customer service and the ability to plan organize and exercise sound judgment.
EDUCATION • College degree preferred or high school diploma (equivalent) EXPERIENCE
- A minimum three years of hospital/medical business office experience with insurance procedures and patient interaction.
- Strong familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures.