Lead Patient Benefits Advisor
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - Manages and provides leadership to designated areas of responsibility, including direction and supervision of on-site staff. Responsible for affecting ongoing quality, productivity, and efficiency by actively managing operations of designated facility.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Monitor and oversee all daily operational duties and ensure that all employees adhere to all operational policies and procedures.
- Maintain staff work schedules on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Ensure work flow is consistent and timely for each employee.
- Enforce disciplinary action as warranted concerning any employee misconduct.
- Act as primary liaison to hospital staff/management.
- Respond to daily questions and concerns raised by hospital staff/management in a timely and responsible manner.
- Responsible for adjusting staff's duties as may be required to accommodate procedural changes or additional needs that may occur.
- Maintain sufficient and qualified staff.
- Adheres to and supports organizational IT&S standards, policies, and procedures.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- An understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and the clinic/corporation.
- Demonstrated communication, problem solving and case management skills and the ability to act/decide accordingly.
- Ability to collect, synthesize and research complex or diverse information.
- Exceptional customer service and the ability to plan organize and exercise sound judgment.
EDUCATION • College degree preferred or high school diploma (equivalent) EXPERIENCE
- A minimum three years of hospital/medical business office experience with insurance procedures and patient interaction.
- Strong familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom