At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an experienced SAP Transportation Management (TM) Specialist to join the Logistics Execution ERP Information Technology team located in Maplewood, MN.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of TM Specialist will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of transportation management software throughout the enterprise. Guided by domain knowledge and expertise, the TM Specialist will work with cross-functional teams from different 3M businesses and countries to successfully deploy the SAP Transportation Management module.
The TM Specialist will use proven project management and agile methodologies to lead the TM deployment team and communicate with key stakeholders; exercise independent judgment and discretion, coupled with extensive experience in both domestic and international transportation activities and regulatory requirements (e.g. dangerous goods, event management, export integration).
The ideal candidate will help ensure the success of the Business Transformation (BT) initiative; will demonstrate exceptional SAP Transportation Management design capability; analyze transportation processes and make recommendations; lead program implementation to drive awareness and strengthen the organization.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Design, create, and document SAP TM applications and functionality in support of Logistics Execution functions in 3M businesses and subsidiaries. This includes full lifecycle deliverables from Blueprinting to Deployment.
- Review all deliverables throughout the project lifecycle to ensure completeness, consistency, quality and requirement traceability
- Mentor peers in TM and SAP functionality to ensure a stronger, more capable team to support global transportation requirements
- Oversee team member work deliverables to ensure quality expectations are met
- Responsible for meeting project deliverables and exit criteria on schedule
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined experience with transportation management and/or supply chain business processes
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with SAP Transportation Management (TM) solutions
- Ability to work across a highly matrixed organization to accomplish goals
- Proven ability to identify, focus, and own high priority tasks to manage delivery to project timelines
- Strong organizational and communication skills, proven track record of strong project coordination/management success
- Demonstrates ability to manage, lead and coordinate all deployment activities including fit/gap analysis, build, test, system cutover and hypercare support
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to learn quickly and deliver results in a high pressure, high profile environment
- Experience managing large teams across various geographies
- Experience with Lean/Agile methodology
: Maplewood, MinnesotaTravel:
May include up to 25 - 50% domestic or internationalRelocation Benefits:
Are authorized for this position
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.