This position provides financial and internal control support to The McDonald's Division (TMD) Corporate Functions and International Business Units (Asia Pacific, EEMEA, Latin America and Canada.) Specifically, this role supports the Global Controller function with the development and analysis of business plans, rolling estimates, including internal financial reporting. In addition, this position provides financial support within the following areas: capital management, various monthly & quarterly financial reports/analysis and month-end/year-end closing activities. It is also responsible for the development and maintenance of financial and internal controls, including management of the SEC Letter process for the global business, Corporate Marketing Expense Management (MEM), chart of authority maintenance and required system access and controls maintenance. Strong aptitude with KO Global Financial systems and software preferred: Hyperion, BPC, HFC, SAP P08, and Excel.
Function Related Activities / Key Responsibilities:
The role primarily will assist in the following areas:
• Monthly Financial activities and variance analysis: (Actuals/Rolling Estimate and Annual Business Plan)
• Assist with Global TMD Financial system submissions (P&L and Balance Sheet)
• Assist with the development of TMD Corporate Function Budgets (RE/BP)
• Assist with managing Asia Coffee & MM International Juice P&L's
• Capital Management activities, quarterly spend reporting, fixed assets tracking and assist with overall Annual Business Plan requirements.
• Ensure Financial Internal Controls and required quarterly reporting are updated to comply with company policy including: coordinating the quarterly SEC Letter process, system access verification, and COA Maintenance.
• Provide General Accounting support: Monthly/quarterly Journal vouchers & Intercompany entries; perform Year-end closing activities, complete MDM requests and Pro-rata allocations/reporting. Ensure the maintenance of accurate, transparent, consistent and timely financial records.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance, Business or related studies.
Related Work Experience:
• 5 -7 years financial, accounting or related experience
• Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Excel user required (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.)
• SAP P08 Financial system knowledge
• CPA or MBA is a plus
• Hyperion, BPC/HFC or Global Financial System experience
• Experience with Business Planning is a plus
• Experience with financial and business analysis is a plus
• DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
• COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
• ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
• INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
• DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
• Solid and confident background of controlling/accounting and finance
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with various levels
• Ability to influence and strong collaboration skills across a multi-functional team
• Flexibility and adaptability to change
• Strong project management skills
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.