A Tool and Die Maker job in Chattanooga, TN is available courtesy of Modis. You must have either a Journeyman's card or six to eight years of experience performing unscheduled tool and die making/repair and equipment maintenance activities. In this position you will be utilizing various technologies such as sheet metal blanking line, transfer and progressive sheet metal stamping presses, robotic welding/assembly cells, primary spot welding, mid frequency welding, and servo guns. The salary for this role is $25 top $30 per hour depending on experience.
Tool and Die Maker job responsibilities include:
- Unscheduled tool and die making/repair and equipment maintenance activities
-Troubleshooting, upkeep, preventive maintenance and dimensional capability of tools, dies, jigs and fixtures in automotive environment
- Fabrication of new and repair of replacement details for robotic weld cells / spot weld cells as well as build and maintain fixtures
- Involvement with quality, cost savings, continuous tool, die and mechanical improvements
- Journeyman's card or six to eight years of related experience
- Experience with transfer dies
- Experience with metal stamping preferably in an automotive environment
- Minimum two years of experience trouble shooting in production stamping plant
- Experience with large tandem line dies or small to medium transfer dies or medium to large progressive dies required
- Experience with implementing engineering changes a plus
- Experience with deep draw strongly preferred
- Ability to work 2nd or 3rd shift
If you are interested in this Tool and Die Maker job in Chattanooga, TN then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Modis Engineering go to www.modis.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.