Plan, layout and construct a variety of intricate, highly specialized tools, fixtures, dies, and gauges, and machining parts requiring high quality workmanship while holding to extremely close tolerances or close tolerances. Fundamental Duties:
- Building and repairing of all types, sizes and shapes of jigs, tools, fixtures, and dies
- Direct, instruct, and train employees
- Set up, operate, and program all tool room equipment
- Make close tolerance parts per prints, sketches, samples, or verbal instructions
- Perform hand fabrication as necessary
- Troubleshoot production equipment making necessary repairs to put equipment back on line.
- Fabricate or rework all types of tooling and dies with necessary support.
- Weld as necessary
- Make needed alterations, corrections, or modifications in tools.
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Qualifications Skill & Competency Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years experience working in a tool and die shop is required
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must have proficient knowledge of mathematical equations and pass a functional test by a score of 70% or higher
- Required to read and understand scales, protractors and dial calipers in order to take measurements
- Required to read blueprints, tools, mapping and work orders
- Required to read and interpret production orders and safety, operating, maintenance and procedure manuals
- Must have basic knowledge of math, math equations, and use of various measuring instruments
- Must work a full-time schedule and overtime as required
- Vocational or Technical School training and CNC experience is preferred but not required
- Must have basic computers skills
- Must have problem solving skills, good communication skills, and the ability to work with others
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.