Ethicon, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Tool and Die Maker, located in Cornelia, GA.
Ethicon, Inc. is a trusted, world-wide leader in surgical care. For over a century, Ethicon has continuously introduced innovations in wound closure, general surgery, wound management, women's health and urology and aesthetic medicine that fulfill the company's vision: Restoration of Body and of Life.
The Tool and Die Maker will be responsible for:
• Operating all portable power tools and hand tools, drills, wrenches, grinders and other miscellaneous machine shop equipment.
• As a member of a self-managed team, support the needle making operations tooling needs as required.
• Form grinding of complex tooling angles and shapes, surface grinding, utilize complex machine setups to achieve desired tooling specifications, read and work from detailed tooling prints, finish tooling to a tolerance of ± .0001, create desired tooling finishes by means of multiple tooling finishing techniques, use of optical comparator for tooling inspections, performs routine equipment maintenance to maintain tolerance standards, chooses appropriate machine accessories for material being worked, works on carbide and other exotic metal types with specialized equipment provided, general machine shop work, keeps equipment clean and in safe working condition, participates and supports self-directed work team activities, and tooling inspection.
• Use basic metal working principles in order to properly diagnose problems and implement corrective actions as needed to support manufacturing operations.
• Work with limited direction to effectively manage work load as assigned by facilitator in a timely manner.
• Manage deadlines in completing breakdown, tooling maintenance, and project activities.
• Make critical decisions under pressure on breakdowns while practicing GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
• Participate in and work with a production team environment. Receive direction from team members as well as production/engineering supervisor/facilitator.
• Support engineering groups in implementation, tracking, and closing of ECN (Equipment Change Notice) documentation.
• Participate in multidisciplinary project teams to identify tooling requirements for new or existing systems.
• Active participation in plant OEE/OSE (Overall Equipment/System Effectiveness) initiative within Maintenance Excellence Program.
• Use and maintain Ethicon’s inspection and measurement devices as needed to perform setups and maintain production tooling and tooling inspections.
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor/facilitator.
• Determine necessary tools and material requirements for specific assignments.
• Adhere to FDA quality and worldwide quality systems.
• Take responsibility to ensure spare part tooling is available to maintain equipment in proper running condition.
• Perform work in a safe manner, as well as, keeping tool room equipment clean and in safe working condition.
• Follow current compliance regulations and standards.
• Comply with all federal regulated programs.
• Support Plant Diversity Process.
• Ensure safe working conditions and practices in the department.
• Supports ETHICON Production System (EPS) by identifying, evaluating and resolving problems.
• Understands and adheres to ETHICON Production System (EPS) Principles and Rules.
• Support manufacturing in the day-to-day troubleshooting situations and actively participates on Integrated Production Team’s (IPT) to maximize production equipment uptime.
• Interface with appropriate manufacturing representatives to ensure manufacturing operations and projects receive effective technical support in alignment with EPS.
• Participate in STOP program.Qualifications
• High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent and technical schooling for machinist or tool and die is required. Associates degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 1 year of work experience as a Machinist, or Tool and Die Maker is required.
• Toolmakers Certificate of Completion or other technical certifications/trainings preferred.
• Proficiency in use of EDM (including programming), G-Code, grinders, Mastercam, Esprit, AutoCad, SolidWorks, calipers, or micrometers is highly preferred.
• Blueprint reading/interpretation and troubleshooting experience is preferred.
• Computer and database management skills.
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal relation skills required.
• Basic knowledge of pipe fitting, welding and machining.
• Organizational skills to balance workload and priorities.
• Mathematical and mechanical aptitude skills.
• Self-directed and capable of determining needed resources in completing tasks with little or no supervision.
• Standard work hours are 800am-500pm, Monday-Friday, but may require flexibility on nights/weekends in case of emergency.
• Less than 5% international and domestic travel is required.Primary Location
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.