Are you an energetic and dependable employee that takes pride in your craft? Would you like to be part of a dynamic and growing aerospace manufacturing business in Savannah, GA? Arconic Forgings and Extrusions (AFE)
is looking for qualified Tool and Die Technician at our Savannah, Georgia location. Our organization is dedicated to rapid, profitable growth through continuous capital investment, operational excellence and career development. Arconic
is a company that promotes and develops from within with worldwide opportunities. If you are interested in a career with our facility, where our business has doubled in revenue in first five years of existence, we encourage you to apply. Arconic Forgings and Extrusions (AFE)
serves the global aerospace and automotive markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of extrusions and forgings in our industry. Headquartered in Cleveland, OH; AFE
employs 3,400 people in 5 countries at 16 locations. AFE
is a business unit of Arconic
Company Benefits : We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with financial security, health and well-being. In addition to competitive pay, we off a variety of benefit programs.
- Medical, Life, Dental and Vision Plans
- 401(k) Program with a Company Match (up to 6%)
- Retirement contribution (3%)
- Performance Pay based on company results (up to 5%)
- 2 weeks' annual vacation accrual
- 10 annual paid holidays
- Employee discount programs
Position Profile : The Tool and Die Technician is responsible for understanding our forging process and fundamentals in order to help troubleshoot any performance issues with dies.
Essential Functions : This is a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities, and is not all inclusive. Incumbent(s) may and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
- Assist engineering with troubleshooting die performance issues.
- Assist engineering in creating robust fixed processes in tool and die department.
- Create written and electronic work orders for the repair of dies.
- Communicate with outside fabrication shops for the purchase of new tools and supplies.
- Organize machining and repair schedules for tooling.
- Create status reports on tooling progression.
- Maintains a safe and organized work area and follows all company policy, safety and procedures
- Understands Forging Process and fundamentals.
- Regular Attendance is an essential function of the positions.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
Basic functions of Microsoft Office Suite.
Ability to operate a forklift and man lift to O.S.H.A approved standards.
Physical Demands :
- Continuously required to wear common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats.
- Continuously required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently required lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Location/Environmental Requirements : Nickel and titanium manufacturing facility. Exposure to: moving mechanical parts; wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold, extreme heat, vibration; loud noise levelBasic Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution
- Knowledge of various types of steels and nickel used in forge manufacturing.
- Knowledge of closed die forging process.
- Experience operating crane and forklift.
- Experience with CNC machine process.
- Die welding experience (TIG & ARC Welding).
- High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year experience measuring parts using various inspection tools (calipers, gauges, micrometers)
- Minimum 2-year experience working in forging
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S> person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S> Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.