Currently, there is a need to fill this position on Afternoon Shift (2:30 PM - 11:00 PM Mon - Fri)POSITION OVERVIEW
Develops, builds, modifies and repairs molds and dies used in the manufacturing and support processes. ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS Values and policy statements and accompanying principals.
- Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory EHS regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job related illness and injuries (Per Employee Handbook).
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EHS training.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/EQUIPMENT USED
- Plans, fabricates and constructs tooling such as wax injection molds, casting part holding fixtures and gauges that are used in wax injection, cutting, waterjet, grinding, CMM and other various pre and post cast operations from ferrous or non-ferrous metals and materials utilizing various types of precision machine shop equipment and hand tools with little or no supervision.
- Interprets casting blueprints, castings and various part dimensions to allow for proper construction of tooling, fixtures and gauges.
- Plans and carries out the repair or modifications of molds and tooling including the most delicate and complex.
- Performs all set-ups of machine shop equipment and molds utilizing their knowledge of machine shop practices and procedures
- Ability to disassemble and repair re-assemble wax injection molds that are very complex
- Generates Vertical Machining Center CNC cutter paths for various tools to design intent.
- Estimates construction and repair time for various tooling work
- Completes the tool build to the design intent.
All types of precision machine shop equipment, including wire EDM and Optical Comparator.
Includes CNC programming.Disclaimer
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.Basic QualificationsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
Preferred QualificationsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder').
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates residing within a 50 miles radius of Dover NJ will only be considered.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- 5 years minimum experience as a toolmaker or equivalent.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to perform improvement/modifications on existing molds, dies, gages, etc.
- Ability to apply College level math for design, including: Trig, Geometry, Compound Angles, and Hard-Point compensation allowance, etc.
- Understanding of tolerances, GD&T and familiarity with ANSI standards.