Successful candidate will work independently with engineering and manufacturing to repair and maintain injection molds as well as fabricate precision machined injection molding parts using standard and complex machine tools or to produce prototype and production tooling used in plastic injection molding.
Due to the nature of this position, a very high degree of initiative, teamwork and communication are required. No previous experience in the medical device technology field is required.` Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned) :
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Provides proper maintenance of work shop and critical equipment and working space including general housekeeping, injection molding tools and other specified equipment as required by management.
- Prioritizes complex equipment repairs (molds, robotic, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic systems), Identifies and maintains sufficient spare parts to avoid any interruptions of production levels .
- Works from routine and complex prints, sketches, drawn points, or verbal directions to fabricate precision machined parts and repair existing components. Works closely with outside vendors to expedite repairs as required.
- Maintains PM documentation in accordance with work instructions.
- Originates simple or complex setups on lathes, grinders and milling machine and maintains set ups. Performs needed repairs using MIG and TIG welding techniques.
- Coordinates tool shop equipment servicing with in-house service or external suppliers as necessary.
- Conscientious about details including accurate and legible documentation of hours and materials used on projects.
- Shares expertise of injection molds with Injection Molding personnel.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned, which are reasonably within the scope of duties listed above as related to plant mechanical and electrical systems. Maintains and administers specific training within the facility.
- Provides input to designers or engineers on parts configuration with alternative solutions for reduction of manufacturing complexity and tooling costs.
- Attend all departmental and plant meetings as required.
- Maintain confidential information as such.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 year technical degree highly preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Requires extensive and practical knowledge of machining/mold making acquired through previous experience.
- Requires extensive knowledge and thorough understanding of mold design and construction.
- Requires extensive and practical knowledge of different materials and their workability, such as plastic to exotic tool steels and their uses.
- Ability to machine to the level of tolerance required by company products.
- Knows polishing processes and equipment needed to attain any required finish, from mirror to textured.
- Proficient on all standard/nonstandard shop tools and equipment, especially EDM.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret blueprints.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of shop mathematics- applicable trigonometry. Able to solve right triangles.
- Advanced skills in tool room grinding, tool and die work, sheet metal, mold making, jig and fixture.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service in the area of machining/mold making.
- Ability to respond to demand for precision work with a sense of urgency and meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact, collaborate, and communicate extensively, with professional technical staff in engineering and manufacturing.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as an individual contributor, team member, and leader.
- Ability and willingness to commit to continuous learning and keeping up with changing technologies in the field of model/mold making.
- Safety conscious, following safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
Physical requirements for a position will vary. These must be reviewed with the supervisor and should be attached here
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Must be able to work in an environment without daylight / windows
- Ascends/descends ladders to access machinery
- Lifting and/or moves up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move in excess of 50 pounds using lifting aids, techniques, or appropriate assistance
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate equipment is required
- Requires standing, walking, bending, pulling, pushing, climbing and crawling.
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts to include day and night time hour
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.