Building upon consistent growth since its founding in 2002, Bronto is now in the midst of a period of fast-paced growth as it expands its mission beyond email to become the leading platform for integrated email, mobile and social marketing.
As part of Bronto's Engineering team, the Software Engineer for our Tooling team will play a key role in our continued growth.
You will build internally-focused tools to do a wide range of tasks - automate and manage our development and production environments, help our engineers be more productive, measure "All The Things", and much more. You will have opportunities to utilize a broad spectrum of technologies, languages and tools. If you are a self-motivated and technologically curious person then we would love to hear from you.
Apply if you want to:
- Work collaboratively with other teams to architect and implement innovative applications for gathering, displaying, and manipulating data in a high-volume, always-available environment
- Challenge yourself and your team members to continuously improve in an Agile DevOps environment
- Work on a cross-functional team supporting and learning about different technologies including development, frameworks and open source tools
Other: Why Bronto?
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- At least 3 years of full-time experience in software development
- Solid object-oriented design skills
- Expertise coding in one or more languages such as Ruby, Java, and Python
- Comfortable with Linux environments including shell scripting
- Experience working with Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or other configuration management tools
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Nagios, Graphite, or Cacti
- Experience working with Git, Subversion, or other versioning tools
LIVE OUR VALUES - TRANSPARENT, APPROACHABLE, PASSIONATE.
- Clear Vision of our purpose and mission
- Great Location on American Tobacco Campus
- Triangle Business Journal Best Places to Work five-time-winner
To see the Bronto life through words, photos and videos, visit http://brontonation.comQualifications:
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will apply basic to intermediate knowledge of software architecture to perform software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.