- Plans and reviews tooling needed for Heading and Slug Heading. Orders required tools and supplies to make carbide dies.
- Plans operation, makes tools required and performs various machining operations by reading blueprints, engineering sketches and/or by general verbal instruction.
- Select proper grade of carbide for die being made.
- Interfaces with vendor: quotes, issues, questions.
- Makes trapped extrusion/power dies for Header machines (56, 89, and 1012 headers).
- Set-up for machining and assembly operations of tools; and may make partial or complete model of part. Performs machining operation to make various tooling.
- Set-up and operate any and all Tool Room machines, including lathes, Hones, Presses, Surface grinders and Tool & Cutter Grinders, and drill press.
- Performs dimensional inspection by using micrometers, indicators, calipers and comparators, and other precision instruments as needed.
- Update Daily Management Boards.
- Issues Hot Work Permits to personnel and contractors.
- Write work orders.
- Format rejections report and send to appropriate supervisor and leads.
- Update and run QAD report daily.
- Interface with Planning, Heading and Methods Engineering.
- Oversees repair decisions on Heading dies.
- Assist with training of Tooling personnel.
- Read /understand blueprints.
- Experience in Microsoft office and other manufacturing software.
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 35 pounds.
- 3 years of experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) from an accredited institution.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.