Eaton’s Industrial Plastics Division (IPD) provides custom complex profile plastic extrusions for a wide variety of customers and industries. Eaton's value-added fabrication such as length cutting, hole punching, texture, and tape backing for mounting applications provide customers with the capabilities to complete any production.
Eaton is currently looking for a Toolmaker who's primary function or overall purpose is to setup, operate, and maintain machine shop equipment. To build, rebuild and/or maintain extrusion dies, guides, sizers and other extrusion and/or fabrication-related tooling. As well as contributing strongly to the design of same.
- Setup, operate & maintain all shop equipment (Lathes, Mills, Surface Grinders, Cut-off Saws, EDM, etc.)
- Collaborate with the design engineer to design / redesign all responsible tooling
- Run developmental trials of new/redesigned/rebuilt tooling
- Machine components needed to support the Maintenance department.
- Maintain existing tooling in fundamentally good order; rebuild as required.
- Support the production department w/process trouble-shooting.
- Maintain accurate records of all tooling efforts.
- Participate/contribute to Plant Programs such as Kaizens, 5S & Safety.
- Contribute to the quoting process for new business.
- Support the overall efforts of the dept & plant, as directed by the engineering manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years’ work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum one (1) year knowledge of drafting, proficiency in AutoCAD
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of the Williamsport, MD facility will be considered
- Experience in plastic extrusion processes
- Good documentation & communication skills
- CNC programming experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FFD Fluid Filtration Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.