Aviation Supply Chain
/GE looks for innovation everywhere.For 130 years, GE has been at the forefront of innovation, but finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the solution! Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Tool Maker will be responsible for working the second shift (3:30 p.m. to Midnight) in the Tool Room Department of Unison Industries, a wholly owned subsidiary of GE Aviation, a world leader in the design and manufacture of electrical components, sensors, and systems for aircraft, industrial, marine, military, and space uses.
* Plan set up and operation of all types of machine tools, considering types of materials, tolerances, types of cutting tools, coolants, lubricants, and machine tool feeds and speeds
* Heat treat parts as required
* Set up, and operate CNC equipment for May program
* Set up, runs of and test dies to product a product to specifications, tracing die difficulties to their source and correcting
* Work with Engineers, Tool Designers, etc. providing input to manufacturing capability on newly formed products
* Interacts most frequently with internal and/or external customers and/or suppliers
* Be required to hold tight tolerance and finishes
* Compliantly troubleshoots tools, fixtures, and equipment as necessary
* Perform build of most complex pro-type or first time builds
* Cross-train other employees as needed based upon knowledge and experience
* Lead Team initiatives
* Interpret blueprints and/or shop drawings in order to effectively build parts
* High School Diploma / GED
* Minimum of 7 years of experience in Tool Making
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience in a self-directed teaming environment
* Experience in a manufacturing environment
* Lean manufacturing knowledge
>li>Experience as a Journey Person
* Apprenticeship Program and/or Vocational training in Machining and/or Toolmaking
* Experience as a Tool Maker
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We're diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.