Schneider Electric, a leading manufacturer of residential circuit breakers, has an immediate 2nd, 3rd, B, or D shift shift opening for a Toolmaker at our Lincoln, Nebraska plant.
Person qualified uses sketches, blueprints, tools, equipment and instruments to fabricate precision parts. Must possess craftsmanship skills and trouble shooting ability to make precise adjustments on tooling, fixtures, and other equipment to produce product parts of the required quality. Obtains and use correct materials, supplies, or parts for fabrication. Does inspection and audits related to the support of company’s preventative maintenance, repairs and objectives.
Two year technical toolmaker degree and/or apprenticeship required plus 5 years related experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, oral and/or written
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-task environment
- Ability to work individually and with peers with minimal supervision
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to operate machine shop equipment such as mills, lathes, surface grinders, etc.
- Ability to use measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers and indicators
- Medium work. Exerts heavy pressure, up to 50 pounds of force, to use tools and move items manually
- Ability to walk and/or stand up to 12 hours per shift
- Two handed work, reaching and grasping tools and equipment
- Visual requirements for inspection work
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.