DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Supports diverse production areas by making and maintaining tools, dies, fixtures, and gages. Use of blueprints to very close tolerances (up to .005mm) and, in conjunction, with engineering to meet work order specifications in regard to design, manufacturability, and ease of use. Complexity of work assigned may vary based on individual's level of expertise.
Reports to Toolroom Supervisor. Works independently. Assignments require a high degree of initiative to devise methods and procedures to accomplish diverse tasks. Interfaces, on a regular basis, with production, quality, engineering, tool crib, and maintenance personnel. Trains new employees as needed. Must be able to build and maintain good customer relations, and strive for world-class customer service.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fabricates, repairs, and maintains tools, dies, fixtures, jigs, and gauging, in order to support diverse production operations.
- Works closely with production and engineering, in order to clarify work order requests, in regard to design, tolerances, methods, and use.
- Troubleshoots machine problems with operators, Senior Toolmakers, Production Managers, and/or Engineers in order to resolve problem.
- Performs other special projects, related administrative and any other related duties as required.
- Maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and at all times.
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators, etc.
- Demonstrate excellent team work and customer service.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
- Complete all required training on-time.
- Meet all EH&S and company compliance requirements.
- Education and training normally associated with a High School Diploma. Trade school or a Machining Apprenticeship program desirable.
- 4 years of recent Tool & Die / Mold Making experience in a job shop environment (accustomed to working to close tolerances); or 8 years of recent Machinist experience in a job shop environment (accustomed to working to close tolerances); Journeyman certification or Trade school certification desirable.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, use metrics, trigonometry, and geometry.
- Must have basic knowledge of metallurgy and traditional machining equipment such as, but not limited to mills, lathes, surface grinders, drill presses, heat treating, etc. Also uses other types of equipment such as hone, sanders, air guns, all types of hand tools, measuring instruments, etc.
- General working knowledge of geometric dimensioning/tolerance, and basic CNC programming.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function