DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
This is an Apprentice position; to advance to a Journeymen Toolmaker. This position supports diverse production areas by making and maintaining tools, dies, fixtures, and gages. Use of blueprints to very close tolerances (up to .005mm). Be compliant with all Safety and compliances requirements. Perform machine preventive maintenance. Use continues improvement techniques.
Reports to Toolroom Supervisor. Will be assigned Senior Toolmakers for mentoring.
- Fabricates, repairs, and maintains tools, dies, fixtures, jigs, and gauging, in order to support diverse production operations.
- Performs other special projects, related administrative and any other related duties as required.
- Maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and at all times.
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications,
- Demonstrate excellent team work and customer service
- Complete all required training on-time
- Meet all EH&S and company compliance requirements
- The ability to set up and operate all toolroom equipment efficiently and independently
- Read and interpret A,B,C, and D size blueprints to fabricate work assignments
- Understanding and working knowledge of the metric system and geometric dimensioning and tolerances
- Basic knowledge of metallurgy and materials commonly used for toolroom applications
- Skillful use of all precision measuring tools and all hand tools
- Education and training normally associated with a High School Diploma required. Trade school or a Machining Apprenticeship program desirable.
- 2 years of machining experience in a shop environment; or equivalent shop education or Trade school.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function
Process EngineeringRequisition ID