Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is the modernization of our sales motions. The Insides Sales (IS) organization is a newly formed organization with a charter to accelerate Microsoft’s growth in its cloud-first, mobile-first businesses along with the traditional businesses. This organization is at the forefront of establishing a new sales model leveraging modern technology and big data and analytics to drive impactful demand response and targeted sales coverage.
Are you an entrepreneur at heart who prefers working (and playing) in a hyper-collaborative environment to get your creative juices flowing? We are looking for a Capability Innovation Lead to be a thought leader in how technology can be used to drive IS success as we build and launch Marketing and Sales Centers around the world. This role is for an individual who enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where you can evolve our capabilities to the next generation and make an impact.
• Drive all technology discussions and prioritization with IT and Operations.
• Leverage technology to drive productivity improvements and automation. Drive use of automation tools and technologies within entire implementation process.
• Collaborate with project teams to propose innovative technology solutions and drive the design execution from concept to completion.
• Ensure business requirements for IT and Ops are captured and prioritized.
• Translate business and technical requirements into offering enhancement or new offering development initiatives including business case creation, offering definition, materials development, etc. based on available investment, resources, capacity, and timelines.
• Work with local/regional leadership to understand and track the health and adoption of these capabilities.
• Be confident in presenting and articulating the business value of tools and capabilities to managers and executives of all levels. Communicate implementation milestones and provide high level of visibility on all active implementations.
• Manages negotiation and conflicts related to overall solutions design with high level of professionalism.
• 7+ years of experience in technology sales/marketing management, systems infrastructure.
• BS/BA required, MBA preferred.
• Deep understanding of sales process and marketing/sales hand-offs.
• Skilled in business process analysis, requirements gathering, and solution design.
• Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities across worldwide based talent in multiple time zones.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills. Ability to interface at all management levels and influence strategy decisions, as well as mobilizes and influences diverse functions and partners.
• Flexibility to handle directional changes with the ability to juggle moving priorities to ensure project success.
• Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changing and sometimes unpredictable work environment.
• Proven ability to assess business needs, prioritize accordingly and escalate appropriately.
• Analytical thinker with a can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate to evolving business needs.
• Experience with CRM is a plus.
Amount of Travel Required: 20%
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.