Role Value Proposition:
This position supports the Metlife’s core values of putting the customer first, being the best, making things easier and succeeding together by providing a caring representative of Metlife to guide the customer through the claim process while working together on process improvements with the customer at the center of all our decisions. In this role you will negotiate and pay automobile claims when damage is too extensive to repair
- Serves s Initial Loss contact with the customer. Under minimal supervision, negotiates and pays complex and/or sensitive automobile claims when damage is too extensive to repair.
- Receives total loss claim referrals from an Appraiser, Adjuster, GRP, or Material Damage Specialist.
- Negotiates and processes total loss claims by verifying automobile options, determining the value of the automobile, discussing and negotiating a settlement with the customer, and processing the settlement. Researches and settles any value disputes with the customer.
- Expert in ORS, basic transportation, V550 application, Gap claims, title branding, borderline total losses.
- Determines rental cutoff and sends out rental cutoff letter.
- Maintains the salvage log and processes the salvage proceeds.
- Transfers titles and all paperwork. Completes form letters and contacts insured’s or claimants to follow up and provide the status of their claim. May act as a unit team lead under the direction of the unit Supervisor.
- May participate in or lead special tasks and/or unit projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 3-5 years of relevant business experience
- Computer savvy
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to utilize critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to adapt to changing demands and priorities
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Bachelor’s degree
- Claims/Insurance experience
- Strong negotiating skills