Location: Toledo, Ohio - United States PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting directly to the Director Global Rewards and Mobility, the Total Rewards Leader leads Corporate Compensation annual initiatives (year-end merit and incentive process, salary structures generation, etc) and ad hoc projects, of which many are global in scope.
Position requires the incumbent possess a rich knowledge of compensation trends, program design and improvement, policies and practices common to multi-national companies of similar size/scope as well as robust analytical capabilities in order to draw conclusions and propose solutions based on findings from data analysis. Must have the ability to present data and conclusions in a clear and concise manner to management / approvers. The position requires strong leadership by participating in the HR VP's/Director's NLT meetings as a strategic partner for continued HR success.Reports to:
The position directly reports to the Director Global Rewards and Mobility.
1. Knowing Our Customers
The Total Rewards leader
- Elevates the customer perspective of self and others by knowing our products, manufacturing and commercial strategy.
- Reflects local practices and culture while adhering to HR COE priorities, compliance and ethical standards.
- Applies this knowledge to successfully influence leaders and HR partners to make the best business and talent decisions.
- Supports delivery of rewards practices in alignment with the business strategies and operations plans.
2. Developing and Executing HR Strategies.
- Feedback from HR partners and COE team
The Total Rewards leader
- Supports the Director Global Rewards and Mobility and the global compensation team in monitoring external market trends, adjusting and developing reward & recognition programs driving accelerated performance aligned with our business strategy, ensuring policies and programs are in place, to enable talent attraction, motivation and retention.
- Analyzes, designs and administers compensation programs, in line with market practices.
- Develops and recommends changes to current policies and programs (Base Pay, CIP/SIP and LTI) for the organization, assessing employee and financial impact as well as execution process/tactics required for successful implementation.
- Plans, organizes and leads OC's Global, annual Total Compensation Planning process.
- Supports the Global Mobility processes and programs by being a key partner to the Global Mobility team in establishing right level of compensation for mobile employees and supporting home / host package comparisons.
- Engages with external consultants and organizations to acquire and leverage insight and best in class practices associated with external surveys.
3. Directing Operations
- Specific goals of the business segment/function supported
- Active performance management, differentiation, compliance
- Management of comp practices to market median
- Development and execution of consistent cross business policies that reflect market practices
- Year End Process
- Comp related analysis (PIR, Min/Max, ...)
The Total Rewards leader
- Develops a reputation and operates as a trusted advisor and partner to the HR Generalists.
- Builds reputation for COE related expertise with employees.
- Acts as an organizational steward, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and requirements pertaining to the management of HR to minimize risk and exposure to the company.
- Leads compensation analysts in annual update to compensation structures and both merit and incentive budgets.
- Ensures integrity, accuracy, ongoing maintenance, and appropriate use/application of global IPE system.
- Improves, maintain job match / survey data accuracy in survey data system of record (ePRISM, eIPE) and supports the annual compensation survey process.
- Leverages market data thorough analysis to make recommendations to compensation leadership teams on potential plan changes
- Ensures career ladders reflect current roles and career paths.
- Leads the leveling of roles that exist in the different regions through global leveling.
- Regularly reviews career paths against job evaluations and job codes to ensure consistency.
- Conducts regular reviews of Company sponsored benefit programs and monitor market evolution in terms of governance, benchmark, best practices to advise leadership on improvements and changes required to achieve competitiveness, consistency and cost efficiency.
- Metrics identified in our HR Scorecard in the areas of:
- Performance Management
4. Leading and Developing Talent
- Audit score improvements (HR related areas)
As a People Leader:
- Ensures that his/her team members balance both COE accountability and partnership expectations.
- Leads, coaches and teaches leaders to create an environment where talent is grown through effective performance management, purposeful development and talent evaluation systems.
- Invests in growth and development of his direct reports.
JOB REQUIREMENTSEducation and Experience:
- Progress on succession talent plan
- Turnover of high performance and high growth talent
- Rate of involuntary turnover for poor and marginal performers
- Talent additions through external recruiting
Competencies, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics or other Math related field of study. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in Compensation, consulting background preferred.
- HR / Financial related equivalent experience with strong analytical skills considered.
- Computer: MS word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Successful HR and Total Rewards programs, strategies and practices experience.
About Owens Corning
- Applied Business Knowledge
- Employee Relations
- Contributing to Team Success
- Compensation & Benefits
- Change agent
- Results Oriented
- Confident/ Strong Presence
- Highly Ethical
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience effectively influencing management with well thought out recommendations based on conclusions founded in data analysis
- Must be able to lead and build consensus with stakeholders.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with a proven track record of connected relationships, teamwork and business partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Ability to communicate clearly with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work effectively amidst ambiguity
- Ability to recognize trends and identify systemic approaches to solving problems
- Demonstrates ability to make sound decisions and be creative in developing alternative solutions in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 61 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.