Location: Aiken, South Carolina - United States
The Aiken TPM Deployment Leader will report directly to the Plant Leader and will drive the deployment of the Aiken TPM Strategy. The role exists because we are driven by the pursuit of establishing TPM as the way we run our operations. Working closely with the Quality & Operations teams, the employee will be responsible for developing Total Production Maintenance (TPM) methodology, facilitating improvement programs while monitoring and reporting progress. He or She will work closely with the regional leadership teams.
Measures for Success:
- Continuous Improvement in OC TPM Assessment Scores
- Continuous reduction in safety incidents, quality defects, and unplanned downtime striving for 0,0,0 in each category
- Driving successful culture change at the facility, ensuring zero principle is embraced
- Functional Planning Execution
2. Reporting and analysis
- Adhere to, and continuously improve, all safety policies, procedures, and standards
- Develop strategies and tactics to improve business results through development and execution of TPM efforts
- Facilitate major Initiatives and drive a Zero Injury, Zero Defect, Zero Loss Culture
- Lead, coach, and solicit input from team members to drive successful execution of plant TPM goals.
- Facilitate / coordinate training, as needed
- Design and communicate clear and measurable performance expectations, complete performance reviews, and execute growth, development, and engagement plans
- Proactively share information that advances organizational goals
- Monitor, audit and assess progress against the operational manufacturing strategy
- Support and drive root cause analysis, and measure the effectiveness of corrective action(s)
- Lead the rapid improvements in Safety, Quality and Performance by using relevant tools and techniques
3. Improve plant profitability
- Leads TPM reporting, Focused Improvement initiatives
- Loss trees for all process areas of the facility
- Communicates results effectively to management and non-TPM personnel.
- Provides in-depth analysis on variances to Master TPM plan
4. Cross-functional leadership and team contribution
- Leads actions in line with achieving targets, mitigating risk and prioritizing resource needs.
- Leads proactive development of contingency plans, productivity improvement and corrective actions to ensure facility optimal financial results and shareholder value.
- Provides insightful and competitive analytics that anticipate change and drive decision making.
- Provides investment analysis.
- Educates plant personnel on key performance metrics.
5. Leading and developing talent
- Work across organization boundaries and all levels of the company to achieve plant, division or corporate objectives.
- Shares best practices across division, e.g., process improvements, TPM deployment modeling and procedural changes.
- Aligns teams and resources in order to solve problems and drive results.
- Accountable to deliver functional leadership to team members at plant, segment and corporate level.
- Creates an environment where talent is developed through effective performance management, talent evaluation systems and utilization of people.
- Acts as a resource for all leaders of the business providing education and training on the key principles of TPM.
- Grows and develops the strategic skill set of direct reports.
- Ensures succession plans are in place and executed.
Job RequirementsMinimum Requirements:
Experience & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Quality, or relevant discipline a must.
- 5-7+ years of manufacturing Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) experience
- Providing leadership to organizations within a manufacturing operation(s)
- Utilize Microsoft Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Minitab, Outlook, SAP
- Delivering continuous improvement/TPM
- Participating in the development of strategic plans and execution against thos plans
- Openness to relocation to areas around the world including to OC World Headquarters, located inToledo, Ohio, for growth opportunities in the future is an asset.
- Demonstrated high growth in previous experience.
- Attracting, developing and retaining outstanding talent-growing talent and succession planning.
- Strong project management acumen with demonstrated analytical ability accompanied by strategic vision
- Demonstrated ability to teach and communicate in simple, impactful terms.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead across functional barriers
- Demonstrated ability to develop an intimate knowledge of customers, competition, and the market and use of this knowledge to drive TPM execution
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute strategic directions.
- Strong systems knowledge of SAP or similar
- Conducts himself/herself with the highest ethical and moral standards.
About Owens Corning
- Intelligent, creative, analytical.
- Highly motivated and results driven with a high energy level. Has a bias for proactive action.
- Broad operating style, ability to adapt across cultures, environments and styles.
- Forward thinking leadership abilities including the ability to motivate, lead by example, and encourage teamwork and effective communication.
- Passionate, charismatic personality; articulate, approachable and friendly.
- Makes decisions and commits to a course of action with appropriate information and recognizes uncertainty of success; weighs and manages risk in decision making.
- Behaves in a mature and appropriate manner. Shows good judgment and does not allow feeling or biases to distract reasoning.
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.