Location: Jackson, Tennessee - United States SUMMARY
The TPM Leader will report directly to the Plant Leader and drive the deployment of the Jackson Plant TPM Strategy. The role exists because we are driven by the pursuit of establishing TPM as the way we run our operations. Working closely with Global TPM Team and Jackson Team Members; the employee will be responsible for developing Total Production Maintenance (TPM) methodology.
MEASURES FOR SUCCESS
The key measures of success will be:
- TPM Engagement of the Jackson Plant
- Continuous improvement of OC TPM Assessment Scores
- Continuous reduction in Downtime
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLILTIES
The employee duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Responsible to implement TPM as a Management Model across the unit, designing the 12 steps of implementation strategy inside a Master Plan and the deployment model for the 8 TPM Pillars from the senior leadership to the shop floor, accommodating business growth needs to a correct methodological approach under Owens Corning corporative and JIPM guidance
- Responsible to establish the pillars routine and competency formation of all Pillar Leaders and NLT members in order to promote Results delivering, People development and Area Transformation during the TPM Zero Loss Journey
- Responsible to support the results delivering inside SQDCP model using TPM methodology and management approach based on Loss Tree / Cost Tree to drive Losses / Cost Reduction projects / Improvement Projects
- Responsible to drive the JIPM Assessment Model inside the Plant and lead the TPM journey in order to make the unity achieve the TPM Prizes for each level considered for the unit
- Responsible to support the local LT to drive management processes inside TPM approach
- Responsible to create, manage and report KPIs inside Balanced Scorecard method
- The Position reports to the Plant Leader
- To design the Strategic Master Plan for TPM in the unit
- To assure and execute coaching and assessments sessions both internally and also through Owens Corning Corporative resources
- To promote expansion and development of TPM inside the unit
- To promote alignment between TPM guidance to the unit operational strategic plan and the region.
- Adhere to, and continuously improve, all safety policies, procedures and standards
- Develop strategies and tactics to improve business results through development and execution of TPM efforts
- Facilitate major initiatives and drive a Zero Injury, Zero Defect, Zero Loss Culture
- Facilitate / coordinate training as needed
- Proactively share information that advances organizational goals.
- Support and drive root cause analysis, and measure the effectiveness of corrective action(s)
- To generate projects, initiatives, ideas and solutions aiming process optimization, people development, productivity increasing and cost reduction, etc.
- To provide support and be an attendant for several cost reduction initiatives, bringing to each forum the TPM expertise to contribute to reach targets in a sustainable way;
- To assure the quality over financial results over the projects under his /her responsibility
- To develop a model that provides succession pipeline for "TPM act based leadership" among the team.
- To promote Good Practices for TPM across the plant and across the company to give visibility for TPM and to engage people.
- To help the Plant Leader to conduct Plant management under TPM approach.
- Share leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and lead multi-functional teams to achieve regional objectives
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to influence behaviors, negotiate and resolve challenges
- Ability to develop clear and measureable tactics aligned with the business realities
- A proven ability to operate effectively in a rapidly changing environment where analytical skills, technical depth, collaboration and leadership agility are equally important' a strategic thinker who is operationally focused and capable in managing diverse agendas and personalities.
- A sought-after advisor, mental, thinker
- Self-aware, self motivated and self -confident individual who is comfortable and capable in operating with varying levels of direction who thrives in a dynamic environment as a leader influencing change and growth
- An overt simplifier who can effectively and appropriately distill and reduce complex situations, goals, tasks and opportunities to a workable set of fundamentals so that all team members can understand, align and take action
- Long term thinker and proactive leader - capable of understanding and translating the big picture to actionable plans and activities
- Data driven realist focused on doing the right thing for the company optimally capable of balancing need, risk and impact with urgency
COMPTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must possess the ability to:
- Operate a computer and other keyboard instruments
- Utilize Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Minitab, and Outlock.
- Utilize SAP for data entry
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Business, Engineering, or related field
- Experience of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Essential
- Have Minimum of 3 years acting as TPM Leader or TPM Coordination with not only strategic approach, but in the shop floor as well.
- Knowledge about JIPM assessments processes and interfaces is a differential to be considered
- Formed as TPM Instructor
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee must possess the ability to:
About Owens Corning
- Work extended /flexible hours
- Sit/Stand/walk for prolonged periods of time
- Utilize computer equipment for extended periods of time
- Travel frequently within the region
- Language skills (local, English) written and verbal
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.