Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company. What do you get to do in this position? Position Summary:
This position is responsible for leading, developing, implementing, and overseeing the maintenance of internal import/export processes and controls to mitigate risk and ensure compliance with U.S. and Government import/export regulations (ITAR, EAR, U.S. Customs and Border Protection Regulations, Economic Embargo Regulations, etc.). Responsibilities include assessment and analysis of current trade and product compliance programs, as well as for developing targeted and broad based training programs to address the weaknesses identified during assessments. Develop trainings to ensure compliance, and support new regulatory requirements that may impact business operations now or in the future. This position will be primarily import focused with a supporting role for export activities and reports to the Director of Trade Compliance Customs US & Canada. Key Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic guidance on the incorporation of trade compliance requirements into the Company’s business processes;
- Work with global team members, business leaders and other key stakeholders to successfully implement a trade compliance program consisting of internal import/export processes and controls to mitigate risk and ensure compliance with U.S., Canadian or other government import/export regulations.
- Manage and oversee the maintenance of internal import/export processes and controls, and upgrade internal policies and processes to ensure on-going compliance which could include duty drawback, value reconciliation, and free trade agreement.
- Influence all functions in the organization regarding the importance of compliance to U.S. import/export regulations, drive understanding in each function related to their responsibilities, and provide leadership to ensure process adherence and improvements.
- Assist with strategic projects to improve efficiency, compliance, and cost reduction initiatives. Minimize customs duties levied on the Company’s products
- Develop processes with various internal functions in obtaining the necessary U.S. Government import/export licenses, agreements, permits, certifications and technology release determinations.
- Manage and maintain reports and metrics pertaining to various elements of import/export process, and report out on trends, areas of concern and improvement opportunities utilizing the ACE system and other internal tools.
- Identify training needs, develop and provide training pertaining to import/export requirements.
- Monitor import/export compliance through self-assessment audits with the goal of identifying weaknesses and risk. Develop actionable plans and procedures to mitigate those risks.
- Serve as the primary interface regarding interpretation of regulatory requirements or Company trade policies and procedures with all facility personnel.
- Lead investigations and other compliance matters.
- Develop and update global compliance procedures for use by key business partners and train appropriate personnel on requirements to support our international commerce strategy.
- Monitor regulatory changes and revise trade compliance policies and practices in accordance with changing rules and business needs.
- Monitor the conduct of activities for adherence to import/export procedures throughout the business lifecycle including early stage review of new products and classification/characterization of commodities and any potential applications of Free Trade Agreements.
- Other duties as assigned.
· Qualifications: This job might be for you if: Minimum Requirements/Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- 7 years of leadership experience in import/export trade compliance management.
- Customs House Brokers license preferred.
- Demonstrated strengths will include a highly collaborative work style, the ability to anticipate problems, success in resolving difficult situations, and effectively communicate with all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to weigh risk areas and business objectives to propose realistic solutions. Turn complex compliance requirements into scalable processes.
- Ability to drive complex, cross functional projects including setting scope, reaching consensus, executing on tasks, and presenting results.
- Ability to apply U.S. Government regulatory requirements in complex scenarios.
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively, with minimal guidance and supervision. Ability to exercise leadership, influence, and sound judgment.
- Compliance experience in manufacturing and finished product procurement environments.
- Well versed in responding to government inquiries
- Experience auditing import and export operations.
- Expert analytical and computer skills including a good working knowledge of US ACE system.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 30% travel domestic and international.
- Effective - Possesses a high-energy level and understand the need for speed and agility in accomplishing tasks within ones area of responsibility.
- Organized - Completes and manages daily tasks and projects in a systematic and orderly manner. Works efficiently and effectively utilizes their time.
- Problem Solving - Uses data, logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions and minimizes the impact of emotion and personal interest in decision making.
- Challenging - Consistently view existing method and processes for improvement.
- Business Acumen - Knowledgeable in current and possible future practices, trends, and technology related to purchasing, inventory and supply chain management.
- Customer Focus - Exemplifies dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Drive for Results - Consistently hits the goals and objectives set while always focusing on driving towards stretch goals.
- Adaptability: Flexible, adjusts readily to new situations and changing priorities while effectively dealing with ambiguity, stress and uncertainty.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.